Author Topic: Count Tyrone, mccutcheon  (Read 2008 times)

Offline aboveallnames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Count Tyrone, mccutcheon
« on: Tuesday 25 October 05 16:51 BST (UK) »
hi have you come across a joseph mccutcheon b1840s or a daneil mccutcheon b1866 omagh  regards

Offline aboveallnames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Count Tyrone, mccutcheon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 November 05 14:56 GMT (UK) »
hi daneil born 1866 son of joseph  born1840s mothers name liza coulter any help regards robert

Offline KHartley

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 September 06 14:35 BST (UK) »
Have a listing of marriages from the Omagh Registry office - if you contacted the office, they should be able to look up the marriage listing which would/should give you father's names - they only have marriage records in Omagh - 2 large books, one to lookup from male names, the other from female names - very easy & quick to do as I have been through the books myself when visiting there.

Joseph McCutcheon married Eliza Coulter 01/11/1865 at the Omagh C of I

Offline KHartley

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 September 06 14:44 BST (UK) »
As I have McCutcheon's in my family line as well - who supposedly came out of Tyrone (SOMEWHERE!!), I would be most interested to find out what info you might get from the marriage registration. My Great Grandfather was a William McCutcheon, born circa 1865-1870 (no birth registration has been found) supposedly the son of a John McCutcheon & a Mary McFarland. John & Mary were probably both born circa 1820 - Mary was brought to Canada in 1894 by her son William and died here in 1899, her age given as 78. All records I have managed to find for my Great Grandfather lists his birthplace as Tyrone and that his parents were from Tyrone - nothing more specific. I also have found 3 different birth dates for him. There was also supposed to be abrother named Samuel who came to Canada with William about 1887 but nothing is known about him.