Author Topic: 1841 Census - SCOTT, Hammonhead, Clapham - COMPLETED  (Read 774 times)

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1841 Census - SCOTT, Hammonhead, Clapham - COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 27 October 05 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

After doing some checking on which Riding I should be in, I think I'm correct with the West Riding but please could someone correct me if I'm wrong!

I've just found my ancestor Robert SCOTT (born c1822) on the 1851 census at Hammonhead, Clapham, Yorks, (HO107 2277/197 Page 3) along with wife Alice and brothers Christopher (born c1820) and John (born c1824).

I'm pretty sure that they were in the same place in 1841 hence the request - if too difficult please ignore, I'm aware that it's probably not surname indexed.

I'm hoping to find them with parents Michael and Mary (info from the IGI).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census - SCOTT, Hammonhead, Clapham - COMPLETED
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Now completed thank you!!

Could anyone help me with information about where I could access the 1841 census for this area?  I'd  have to make a trip to the local records office to look, our local LDS centre is closed for repairs so would appreciate information on where this would be (the closer to Lancs the better!).

Also if it would be worthwhile doing this.  Is the condition of the census in this area OK?  Don't want to make a trip if it's illegible!!

Thanks for any help,
Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)