Author Topic: Marriage Carson/Joy, Cheshire?  (Read 890 times)

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage Carson/Joy, Cheshire?
« on: Thursday 27 October 05 21:56 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the marriage of William Carson and Ann Joy between 1835 and 1839.
William was born in Ireland and Ann in Manchester, Thanks to Peter Bennet I do know that in 1851 they were living in Stockport. They couldn't be found in 1841.
I've tried both Lancashire and Cheshire BMD, also Free BMD and IGI without success.
I would be gratefull for any kind of help.
Regards,
Pat.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Carson/Joy, Cheshire?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 05 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat

have you tried posting the same request on the Ireland board?

Cheers
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Carson/Joy, Cheshire?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 October 05 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,
I haven't tried the Ireland board mainly because Ann Joy already had a son Thomas, born in Manchester in 1835 and by 1839 they were living in Stockport.
Youv'e really helped me here because as I'm typing this it's occured to me that I should perhaps try to find Thomas's birth, it may lead me to a location, also I'm going to try posting on the Lancashire site.
Cheers and thanks for taking the time to help.
Pat.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk