Author Topic: CHORLEY families, wiveliscombe somerset  (Read 17342 times)

Offline Jane Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
CHORLEY families, wiveliscombe somerset
« on: Friday 28 October 05 17:54 BST (UK) »
made a mistake please ignore

Jane

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley families, wiveliscombe somerset
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 October 05 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 October 05 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Again
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jane Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 October 05 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Bekah

:)

I thought i was being too cheeky with my request so i tried to delete it and couldnt.  Sorry everyone. 

I was just trying to locate any Chorleys born in Wiveliscombe.  I believe they are all related i am just trying to work out how.

Jane

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 October 05 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
Its okay, I had answered your request b4 you withdrew it, so I wiped the messages, okay?
Anne

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 October 05 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
You weren't being cheeky, this is what Rootschat is all about, we all ask questions and we all try our best to answer. You should never feel bad about asking for help, this is what we are all here for. So next time don't worry about it, we don't bite! Honest (well I don't!)
Anne

Offline Winalape

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 December 06 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,
I read your message and I too am in a pickle trying to find Chorley's from Wiveliscombe. My William Collins who should have been Chorley came to Australia.
When I'm not sure of but it was about 1856. He landed in Geelong under the name of William Collins parents John Collins and Mary Venn. When I looked up the marriages of these two I found that John Collins Chorley married Mary Venn in Wiveliscombe. William only put a cross on his marriage certificate so I can only assume he couldn't read or write and therefore there was a mixup on the boat about his name. Do you know anything on a John Collins Chorley and Mary Venn?
I believe they had a son John who was born about the same time as William so he may have changed his name however everything is speculation because I'm not too sure on what happened.
Anyway when I saw your message I thought you may be able to help me as I am now at a dead end.

Lyn

Offline Jane Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 December 06 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn

I can remember looking into this problem of yours before and unfortunately i couldn't find anything out.  Sorry.  I checked the parish records and nothing came to light there.  Sorry I can't help you.

Good luck and Happy Christmas.

Jane

Offline Jane Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 22 December 06 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn

I have just had another look at the parish records and the only children Icould find for John and Mary were Elizabeth baptised abt 26th Mar 1826 and John baptised on 18th July 1830 both in Wiveliscombe.  John was under the name of Collins/chorley  I could not find any mention of William.

It also looks like John senior had a sister called Ann baptised on 12 Dec 1790.

All the best

Jane