Author Topic: Thwaites of hardraw and askrigg  (Read 2116 times)

Offline supersan

• RootsChat Senior
  • digging deeper into the past
    • View Profile
Thwaites of hardraw and askrigg
« on: Friday 28 October 05 19:37 BST (UK) »
Does anybody have any Thwaite's from these areas in thier tree? Would love some information on any of these;
Simon thwaite b. 1743 hardraw m. rosamund pratt.
simon thwaite b. 1717 askrigg m. elizabeth teasdale.
simon thwaite b. 1687 askrigg m ann cloughton.
p.s if anybody knows where exactley in Hardraw?
thanks
supersan :-\
lambert-north yorkshire, dannatt-lincolnshire, simms-nottingham,cresswell-derbyshire,thwaite-north yorkshire, routledge-cumberland, pearson-durham,pratt-north yorkshire, skipworth-lincolnshire,kirkbride-cumberland, spink-derbyshire, oldfield-north yorkshire, woods- north yorkshire, white- lincolnshire, atkin - lincolnshire, teasdale- north yorkshire, iveson - north yorkshire. this information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline daniel1111

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thwaites of hardraw and askrigg
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 05 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hardraw hamlet is about half a mile NW of Hawes and is famous for its waterfall or force.

I too have Thwaites (with an s) in my family line as follows:
Mary Elizabeth Thwaites b 1859 Heights Gunnerside, married Humphrey Wilson b 1857 Aysgarth.Marriage date 1885 at Aysgarth.
Mary Elizabeth's mother was Nanny Thwaites b 1839 Lodge Green. I believe she was unmarried until much later in life, when she married James Pratt.
Parents of Nanny were James Thwaites b 1811 Calverts House Mucker and Mary Pratt b 1812 Potting Swaledale.
Does this tie in with any of your line?
Percival, Hird, Heseltine, Wilson,  Horn(e), Thwaite, Storey, Iveson, Metcalfe, Dinsdale and Sunter and the farms and families of Bishopdale.

Offline supersan

• RootsChat Senior
  • digging deeper into the past
    • View Profile
Re: Thwaites of hardraw and askrigg
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 October 05 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Daniel,
i think it does possibly tie in somewhere with my line, although as yet i don't know where?
I have Pratt's in my line too, but not the ones you mentioned. They were quite prominent famikies in the area, and maybe siblings, i'm sure there is a connection somewhere, so keep me in mind if you find out anything else! as will i with you.
sandra
lambert-north yorkshire, dannatt-lincolnshire, simms-nottingham,cresswell-derbyshire,thwaite-north yorkshire, routledge-cumberland, pearson-durham,pratt-north yorkshire, skipworth-lincolnshire,kirkbride-cumberland, spink-derbyshire, oldfield-north yorkshire, woods- north yorkshire, white- lincolnshire, atkin - lincolnshire, teasdale- north yorkshire, iveson - north yorkshire. this information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk