Author Topic: DREW - WARD from Lower Mitton (Kidderminster)  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Lindy Freedman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: DREW - WARD from Lower Mitton (Kidderminster)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 October 23 19:09 BST (UK) »

A quick potted history.
Cornelius was born in Inglstone Common Hawksburry, Gloucestershire in 1852.
He was from all appearances a bit of a character!
He was married 3 times that I know of.
His first wife Alice Kingswood M 1876. with whom he had 2 children Rosina and Daniel. Alice Died 1884.
2nd Wife Mary Ann Brown 1886, Don't know what happended to Mary.
2 years latter he marries his 3rd wife Annie Preece (I wonder if this is a bigamous marrage as it is at this point that he changed his name, but I have no evidence.)
Annie is the mother of George and Fred. George Born Llantrisant and Fred was in a tent in the Forest of Dean.
I cant find any info on Annie not sure where she was born, and cant find of any record of her death.
Cornelius appears to have spent most of his life traveling between Hawksbury where his parents were born and South Wales where his Brother Mark lived (Marks decedents still live in SW).

I will send you more info in a private message latter, need to get bits together.

All the Best wishes.

If you know any male Crew's they may be interested to know my son in law is a Crew descended from Cornelius and he is awaiting Y700 results from FtDNA.  It has so far confirmed that he more or less was one on his own because my son in law has NO matches whatsoever even at 12 markers so goodness only knows where they came from originally.  It is one of the rarest lines in Europe.