Author Topic: my elusive ancestors HELP  (Read 3806 times)

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: my elusive ancestors HELP
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 February 23 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Sarah just got your message please get in touch again,thankyou
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher,William was born in Ireland in c1811 and his son Thomas was Ireland 1845.I found a William Crumlish died Berwick aged 61 in 1872 and a Thomas Crumlish died Berwick aged 68 in 1913.I dont know if this is my Thomas and William yet.i do know they were catholic but what church they would have attended i dont know.Thomas married Mabel Renwick in Berwick,their 1st child Annie was born in 1869.I cant find a marriage record for Thomas and Mabel but they went on to have another 3 daughters all born Berwick.They lived mainly in Chapel/Church Street Berwick for most of their lives.Thats all i have really Christopher.I dont think anyone can help me with this one.Anne.

Do the birth records of their children state the date and place of marriage for Thomas and Mabel?

Offline Annette Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 00:35 GMT (UK) »
Re Crumlish, Berwick
Sorry I can't reply to personal messages.  My family tree is on Ancestry and My heritage. Annette
Hi Christopher,William was born in Ireland in c1811 and his son Thomas was Ireland 1845.I found a William Crumlish died Berwick aged 61 in 1872 and a Thomas Crumlish died Berwick aged 68 in 1913.I dont know if this is my Thomas and William yet.i do know they were catholic but what church they would have attended i dont know.Thomas married Mabel Renwick in Berwick,their 1st child Annie was born in 1869.I cant find a marriage record for Thomas and Mabel but they went on to have another 3 daughters all born Berwick.They lived mainly in Chapel/Church Street Berwick for most of their lives.Thats all i have really Christopher.I dont think anyone can help me with this one.Anne.

Do the birth records of their children state the date and place of marriage for Thomas and Mabel?

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 08:26 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find a marriage for them,maybes they didn't get married,I think mable was married to Thomas Schofield before getting together with Thomas crumlish,I kind of gave up searching for a while crumlish is a hard name to search for and being Irish didnt help either,I just dont seem to be able to get back into it for some reason,but thankyou so much for getting in touch

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 08:32 GMT (UK) »
The birth records for the children should state the date and place of marriage

When/Where exactly were the children born?

Offline Annette Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 09:15 GMT (UK) »
[quote author=anne Hi, ma el was married to Schofield and after he died she marriefd/cohabited with crumlish.
Their daughter Annie married James Lyons and their son is my grandfather George Lyons.
I have a near DNA match in new York whose mother is a crumlish but we haven't been able to find the exact link, lots of coming and going to usa.  hope this is readable, I don't have my glasses on me! eithlhiii,nk=topic=101788.msg7415805#msg7415805 date=1677054418]
I couldn't find a marriage for them,maybes they didn't get married,I think mable was married to Thomas Schofield before getting together with Thomas crumlish,I kind of gave up searching for a while crumlish is a hard name to search for and being Irish didnt help either,I just dont seem to be able to get back into it for some reason,but thankyou so much for getting in touch
[/quote]

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 09:33 GMT (UK) »
This is all the info I have about their daughters
Annie crumlish was born berwick 1869,she married James Lyons 1887
Mary crumlish (my grt grandmother)was born in berwick 1871,she married William Morrison 1st December 1891 at duns catholic church , Mary died 16th December 1946 at 15 Lambton Avenue ,lowick, northumberland
Nellie crumlish was born in berwick 1873,no more info on her
Suzannah crumlish was in berwick 1879 and died in 1881,no more info on her

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Do you copies of their birth records?

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 09:45 GMT (UK) »
The birth records for the children should state the date and place of marriage
Not if they were born in Berwick. English birth certificates don't include the date or place of the parents' marriage.

Have you tried https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ in case they were married in Ireland?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.