Author Topic: 1841 census look up - Gerrard  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up - Gerrard
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 August 08 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob, I will look at my paperwork and check it out  tomorrow. Have you any idea who was John Garrard (Gerrard's) 1st wife was?

Esther
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline bobtonks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 August 08 12:46 BST (UK) »
Esther

John Garrard (Gerrard) married Hannah Lloyd 1/11/1792 St Mary Chester, by licence. Both were 'of this parish', John was a Yeoman and Hannah was a Widow. No mention of John being a bachelor or otherwise.

I have no records of John, born 1793.

Bob

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 August 08 23:06 BST (UK) »
The marriage of John Gerrard and Hannah Parry it says that they were married by license.  Did you check out the license bonds when you were there in Chester.  You will have read that John was a widower he was about 50 when he married Hannah she was about 20.  Did you look at the Parry family from Christleton?  They are all there in the graveyard at the church
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh