Author Topic: 1861 & 1851 look-up - COWIE Family  (Read 9090 times)

Offline ayresa1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 & 1851 look-up - COWIE Family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 18:41 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you again.  I would love to see the photo of Jane.  I have a photo of George  (her brother) which I could try to scan and send to you!.  I emphasis the word 'try'!!!  I will send you a personal message with my email address if that would be easier than sending it to the forum.
Cowie, Gerrard, Kirkland, Robinson

Offline baboz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 April 09 06:56 BST (UK) »
I certainly would like to follow picture of George up. There should be an email from me on your computer now too with some information.
baboz

Offline Rhona

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 October 09 18:31 BST (UK) »
Completed!

Offline ayresa1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 October 09 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for this information Rhona.  I'm slowly building up a picture of the family - it's like doing a jigsaw.  I didn't know anything about Robert, other than his name on the census returns, so this has added a new piece for me.   :)

Offline Faster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 19:09 BST (UK) »
Just found this posting.  George Cowie (born 21 May 1856) was my great, great, great grandfather, are roots go back to his son Charles Albert, we lived in Chester until the early 1970's and strangley I now have a son also salled Geroge.  I have various census returns, somewhere a picture of George etc.

Offline ayresa1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 March 11 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Faster! Nice to meet you!  My grandfather,  Joseph Alexander Cowie, was one of Charles Albert's younger brothers.  As George Cowie (born 21 May 1856) was my great grandfather - I'm guessing you and I are a couple of generations apart - but we are still related somehow!  I have done quite a lot of research on George Cowie  (18 October 1818) and there is an Australian branch of the family!  I will send you an email so that we can take this conversation further!

Offline Faster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 31 March 11 20:48 BST (UK) »
Got your message but can't reply as apparently have to  make 3 posts first!  So will do a few more replies!   I have numerous census records, copy birth certificates from Georges Father (James), down through George, to Charles Albert (1878 to 1955), to Charles Kenneth (1907 to 1982), then my father and me!  I will let you have more details when I can send you a personal message.