Author Topic: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office  (Read 73688 times)

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 27 February 05 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Have just come across your kind offer.  As I'm an Aussie, it would be brilliant if you could check the following for me:

On the 1881 census, I have my widowed gggrandmother Mary Martin living with her son, the Rev. William Lockwood Martin, then Vicar of Bettisfield, in the dwelling Arrowry in Hanmer, Flints.

Three questions:

1.  Could you check to see if there is a burial of Edward Martin, Mary's husband, in Hanmer in around 1873/1874?  If so and you can give me details, I can send for the death certificate.

2.  Does the Flintshire Record Office have any property details that tell us whether the Martins bought, or were renting, the dwelling Arrowry?

2.  I presume Hanmer is close to Bettisfield - is it?

Thanks,

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Clio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 27 February 05 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Paul

Would you mind looking in the local newspapers, if they have the Chester Chronicle or Flintshire Leader for 1904 please?

James Lamb, 57, a greengrocer from Buckley died at the Infirmary, Chester after falling from a cart on Daisy Hill on 7th October 1904. There was an inquest at Chester on 7th.

I've made enquiries but it seems the records have not been kept so I wondered if it had been reported in the local newspaper. Thanks Jean
researching Simmons & Griffin in Hastings, Matthias in Denbighshire, Shepherd in London, Jones & Griffiths in North Wales, Thornton & Lamb in Buckley, Williams in Cumberland B.C. Canada and Bursledon Brickworks

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 28 February 05 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Have just come across your kind offer.  As I'm an Aussie, it would be brilliant if you could check the following for me:

On the 1881 census, I have my widowed gggrandmother Mary Martin living with her son, the Rev. William Lockwood Martin, then Vicar of Bettisfield, in the dwelling Arrowry in Hanmer, Flints.

Three questions:

1.  Could you check to see if there is a burial of Edward Martin, Mary's husband, in Hanmer in around 1873/1874?  If so and you can give me details, I can send for the death certificate.

2.  Does the Flintshire Record Office have any property details that tell us whether the Martins bought, or were renting, the dwelling Arrowry?

2.  I presume Hanmer is close to Bettisfield - is it?

Thanks,

MarieC

Hi Marie,
A note in the index of Parish Records for Hanmer;
Two Regesters lost Church destroyed by fire in1889.
Burials 1784, Marriages 1787-1813 former replaced by Burials from Bishop's transcripts now held at Chester Records Office.
Burials from 1856-84 and Marriages 1837-88 also disappeared.

If you have another look on the 1881 Census for Mary and William.... have a look at previous and next Household
there are several dwellings called Arrowry. I think it must have been a row and not just one dwelling.

Hanmer is close to Bettisfield, they always come next to each other on the Census

Sorry I could not help.

Paul.

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 01 March 05 03:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for trying, anyway!  It is disappointing, but can't be helped.

Just had a thought.  I don't suppose he could have been buried from the Bettisfield church where William was Vicar?  Next time you are at the Records Office, could you check that?  Just my last hope....!

I was working from the LDS transcription of 1881 so didn't realise about the adjoining dwellings also being Arrowry.  This is interesting, as is also your confirmation of the proximity of Hanmer and Bettisfield.

Thanks again,

Marie
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 16 March 05 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

Could you help with the following for me.

looking for the birth of MAry Morris Father listed as Richard Morris she was born according to  1851 census holywell about 1820-1830 married liverpool in 1851.I dont have any other information on them so hoping you might me able to help.

Fifer :)
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

Could you help with the following for me.

looking for the birth of MAry Morris Father listed as Richard Morris she was born according to  1851 census holywell about 1820-1830 married liverpool in 1851.I dont have any other information on them so hoping you might me able to help.

Hello Fifer,
Had a look for the Baptism of Mary Morris Father Richard but unfortunately could not find Her.
I did find Edward Morris son of Richard & Mary Morris Baptized 8 November 1829. Richard was a Plasterer.
Did she have a Brother Edward?

Paul.

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

I havent a clue if she had a brother Edward i only know she married Fishwick Hatton in Liverpool and her father was listed as Richard on the Certificate im still trying to trace her on 1841 census but not having any luck.But thanks for trying.

Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline Keren

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 25 March 05 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi have just found this site, and wonder if you can work a miracle for me?  I am searching for my Callaghan family from around Liverpool / St helens.  Have John Patrick Callaghan who is shown as born Flint/Liverpool/Ireland, depending on which census you want to look at. around 1844.

What would really help is if you can find the birth of his son Thomas Callaghan b. C 1866 Flint Flintshire.  Mother Phoebe (Scotland???)

Have a marriage cert for Phoebe Scotland and John Patrick for October 1865 in Liverpool. but not too sure if I am on the wrong track altogether.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Callaghan (Ireland,liverpool and st Helens 1840 to 1881.)  Scotland (liverpool pre 1860) Kiernan, Ritchie (Ireland, salford), Clarke ,Barton (salford greengates and Harpurhey/blackley up to 1930) griffiths, Robson, (Barton on Irwell, Irlam and West Midlands)

Offline aynsley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 01:32 BST (UK) »
Hello, How kind of you to offer lookups. When you have the time I wold appreciate a lookup.
I have John PRICE bc 1801 Pontblyddyn, Flintshire married to Elizabeth bc 1809 in Burton, Denbigh
All their children were born in Hanmer starting with Ambrose baptised 28 Nov 1824
If possible I would like a marriage between John/Elizabeth and a possible birth date for John
Chatterton - Stockport, Espley - Newcastle -u-Lyme, Pashley - Worksop,Nottingham, Fox - Burslem, Faulkner - Staffordshire, Grunnell/Grunwell - Yorkshire, Price Hanmer, Cain - Co Mayo, Pickering - Shropshire, Phillips - Shropshire, Shufflebottom - Staffordshire, Bowker - Gorton, Slater - Oldham