Author Topic: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office  (Read 73703 times)

Offline Greenbentley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office
« Reply #90 on: Monday 20 February 06 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

That was quick and many thanks , it's like having a birthday getting me the siblings also.  I have done so well with this family and it's all thanks to you, my grandfather James Griffiths belongs to this family Edward was his grandfather, I know you looked for James burial for me but could not find it, now I can tell you why I found him in Abertillery and have just got his death certificate.
So many, many thanks.
Ann
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Oxfordshire - Lee / Martin
Staffordshire - Faulkner /Edwards
Yorkshire - Griffiths/Faulkner/Bentley/Ellis/Green/Walker

Offline Tamwill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Monday 13 March 06 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Recently you did a lookup for me on a Williams Family in the Holywell region many thanks for that, I sent you a pm to say thanks but not sure that your received it.

Is there any chance i can be a little cheeky and ask you for a bit more help with the same family?

Im looking for the Birth / Bap of a Harriett Jones bn 1851/2 in Rhyl, Flintshire to a James Jones a Smith (blacksmith)

Harriett went on to marry Thomas Williams in 1873 in Holywell where she was then living.

Thanks for taking a look for me, let me know if it is one reqest too many!!!

Best Wishes

Tammy

Offline rhovin

• Email address no longer working please contact support for help
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 25 November 08 09:23 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for records of St Clare's Convent Pantasaph. My Mother was sent there from Birkenhead in the 1920's. She was an orphan. I cannot seem to trace any records for those times at St Clare's whatsoever. I think Mother may have gone straight into domestic service when she left St Clare's. But I have no details at all about that part of her life and would like to know more. I was adopted and have found out my Birth Mother that I refer to died in the 1980's.

Many thanks

Jo

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday 25 November 08 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Well Jo I seem to recall this Convent being involved in another query on the Flintshie boards as I responded to it.However it was quite some time ago now and maybe someone on this Site will be abe to bring the query forward who is a little better than I am at using the search facility!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline napier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Saturday 29 November 08 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi there is a whole lot of queries about this convent on this site. I can remember when at school in Merseyside in the 1950's lots of children coming and going from St Clares
suggest that you contact Liverpool Echo they run a column on saturday night. I think that you will get loads of replies form former students and they maybe able to fill in the gaps.

Offline jwynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Monday 15 December 08 16:47 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if some kind soul could please do a look up for Pontbyddyn for me.
Elizabeth PRICE (spinster, of full age) married Richard WILLIAMS (blacksmith, of full age) on October 20th 1849.
They were both living at New Inn Yard, Pontbyddyn, at the time. His father was William WILLIAMS (Tailor) and hers was William PRICE (miller).
They had a number of children (Robert, b1851; Anne, b1853; Mary, b1854-56); William, b1860-63; and Richard Caleb, b1865.
I would like to focus in on Mary, who is my great grandmother.
A few years ago, another kind soul very kindly visited the registry office, and was able to get me details of the births of her siblings, Robert (May 27 1851) and Anne (December 26 1853), but wasn't sure of the birth month for Mary (27th,
possibly November), though thought it was 1856.
I would be very grateful if someone could do a look up for me.
As an aside, I would also be interested to learn if anyone has any information about New Inn Yard, Pontblyddyn.
By the way, there's a family rumor that Mary (or maybe her mother, Elizabeth PRICE), was in prison ay some point (as an inmate, or as an employee, I don't know).
Best wishes,
John
Wynn & Wynne, in the Rhosllanerchrugog, Ponciau, Aberderfyn, Brymbo, Moss, Pentre Broughton, Bersham, Coed Poeth, Talwrn, Adwyrclawdd areas between Wrexham and Ruabon.

Offline RobertsHolywell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Monday 06 April 09 14:30 BST (UK) »
Am I on the correct board for Holywell - Looking for Roberts (John Craft) born approx 1812.  Cannot get any further back than that. TIA

Offline rhovin

• Email address no longer working please contact support for help
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Monday 06 April 09 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

Still trying to find out about records (if there are any) for St Clare's Convent Pantasaph. Years I am interested in are 1926 - 1930's. Shall try Liverpool Echo, as suggested - thanks.

Is there a thread on St Clare's Convent Pantasaph, Holywell on Roots please?

Jo

Offline RedScally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Thursday 25 June 09 20:10 BST (UK) »
Paul

Could you help to check the records of inscriptions on gravestones at St Deiniol's church in Hawarden by any chance ?

I am specifically looking to find the graves of 2 people:

1) Ann Hart, died 28 Jul 1932 aged 83yrs
2) Alfred Hart, died 20 Apr  1949, aged 97yrs

I know that both are buried in the churchyard at St Deiniols, but I do not know if they are in a marked or unmarked graves

Cheers
JB