Author Topic: Southern Cemetery Manchester  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Jo New

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Southern Cemetery Manchester
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 September 04 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

its me again who asked for permission to post to ENG MANCHESTER
someone has asked me, if the transcribing will be from MONUMENTAL INSCRIPTIONS or RECORDS?  ???

Thanks joanne

ps Hi to Nick off Eng-Manchester  ;D
UK Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jo New

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 September 04 14:30 BST (UK) »
NICK

joanne again, i was going to send to MLFHS, but have been unsubscribed for a while and each time i go back to sub my mail comes back. if you could post it that would be great, although when i sent to Eng-manchester, i asked Lynne first, probably best to get some one high up permission before posting although i cant see them refusing

regards joanne

Offline Mancunian_Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 September 04 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Joanne

Thanks for the welcome and sorry to hear you're having probs with the MLFHS list. Have you tried sending a message to the list owner (Peter?) or looking to see if it has somehow got turned off? Maybe you can send a turn on command and see what happens? Do you still have the original message that came in from the server when you subscribed to it? Please let me know and I can email you a copy if you want/need one. As I say, sending to the list owner would be your best bet, providing he doesn't already know about it of course. I did notice your message to Lynn/Rootschat and her 'consent' so I'll wait until she posts again then I can mention it for sure.

All the best for now and good luck getting the mail thing sorted.

Cheers
Nick
Waddicor, Poyser, Wildgoose, Cartwright and especially anyone who can enlighten me on a Daniel Cairney who was born around 1929 in Tranent, East Lothian. Apparently he was some kind of famous music hall musician or singer/entertainer but can't find mention of him anywhere! :(

Offline Jo New

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 September 04 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick

i was on a difffernt email when i subbed last time, i will contact you via The eng manchester list regarding my email address and re subbing

joanne ;)

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 September 04 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Joanne and Nick,

Welcome to RootsChat Nick ! Thank you for your offer we will put your name down on the list  ;D

We hope to transcribe from the Monumental Inscriptions themselves with the assistance of Digital Cameras as well as using the more traditional methods.

RootsChat  ;)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline Mancunian_Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 September 04 06:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Jonew and thank you for your warm welcome and for putting me down on the list. Appreciated.

I know this is probably WAY off topic but as I'm here and not sure where to notify this, I was wondering if anyone else is having probs with the display here? ALL the icons other than the welcome tab at the top and the avatars are not displaying now for me. Having just installed SP2 on my XP (home edition) I don't know if it's that or just coincidence. Also my posts all show me as offline even though I'm logged in. Seems there *might* be a problem. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Curiously yours
Nick :)
Waddicor, Poyser, Wildgoose, Cartwright and especially anyone who can enlighten me on a Daniel Cairney who was born around 1929 in Tranent, East Lothian. Apparently he was some kind of famous music hall musician or singer/entertainer but can't find mention of him anywhere! :(

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 September 04 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick,

It was a minor problem that effected up on Sunday morning which has not been resolved.

It looks like you have "hidden yourself" which is why it does not currently show you online. We will try to amend this for you.

RootsChat :)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline Mancunian_Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 15 September 04 02:36 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Thanks for your reply, as always. Yes I can see now things are back to normal as far as the display goes. I was hoping that was the case. :)

As for me hiding myself, I've no idea why that might be so thank you for correcting that. I appreciate it.

Take care for now and thanks again.

Cya
Nick

Offline sivartd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 September 04 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi, I live near Southern Cemetery and  willing to assist with transcribing, I have a digital camera too, if that's of any use. Bye for now, Doreen
Names: DEAKIN, FENTON, DALE, BRAMHALL, WROE, NEAL(E), HOGGINS, MARQUET, HINSLEY, PERCIVAL, BUTTLE, GLOSSOP.

Places: Lancs, Manchester, Salford. Yorks, Snaith. Somerset, Keynsham, Bristol. Shropshire, Wrockwardine Wood. Cheshire, Northwich. London, Chelsea.