Author Topic: HP DIRECTOR PROBLEMS  (Read 994 times)

Offline DDRAIG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
HP DIRECTOR PROBLEMS
« on: Saturday 05 November 05 13:10 GMT (UK) »
recently bought a new HP printer which contained HP Director, I am unable to come to terms with it re setting it up etc ???
is there any one out there who who has the same system that can help me overcome my problems.

john
Bushell Nor/Dev. French Dur/Yks/Glam. Edwards Shrops/Lnd/Glam.  Armytage Ess/ Glam Eves Som/Glam. Owens Glam  Stimpson Rut/Glam. Nash Gls/Mon/  Tucker Gls. Williams Gls. Lever Yks  Leaf Yks

Offline t_creaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: HP DIRECTOR PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 November 05 15:05 GMT (UK) »
John....It came with my printer too, when I installed the cd the director icon appeared on the desktop. I haven't used it, much but, if you click the dektop icon then the view & print icon a file manager type of window comes up with thumbnails of your pictures.

You can then click on a picture and carry out some basic enhancements..... all fairly self explanatory. You can put your pictures into albums and print in various sizes, so many to a page etc.

There is also a thing called Memory Disc which lets you put pictures on a dvd, add music, make a slide show which can be played on the tv with a dvd player. I made one & it was great.

I never had any trouble with it, it just worked first time no bother. If yours isn't doing this maybe you need to reinstall the cd.

Good luck

terry
Creaney, Craney (Co Armagh)  Moffett (Cookstown & Larne) McCurdy (Co Antrim) Hind (Cumberland & Durham) Simpson (Co Tyrone) Steenson (Carnlough, Co Antrim) Irwin (Cumberland / Scottish Borders)

Offline Jones the Search

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 November 05 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Is it in a serial port or USB?
check the computer is reading the correct port. (Control Panel, Printers and faxes, check what number port is being used)
If USB, is it in a hub or or on its own. I had a printer that liked to have its own USB port (IE not via the hub)
Unplug it reinstall and connect as per makers instructions.

Good Luck  Patricia in Soggy North Wales
Short: Lincolnshire; India;London;Scotland; Limerick; Belfast<br />Lane: Surrey/London/Northampton/Hereford/Cheshire/Staffordshire<br />Occomore: Hampshire; London<br />Heaton: Yorkshire; Derbyshire;London
Cutts: London;Derbyshire; Yorkshire;Lancashire
One Name Study -  OCCOMORE
~~~~~~~~-------
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jones the Search

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 November 05 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, me again. ;D
Perhaps  "Director" needs a driver.
Go to the HP web site. (Via the help menu on the printer screen)
Type in driver in the search box,when you get to HP web site. Select the one that is suitable for Director and your opperating system.
Re boot after you have installed the driver and then try the Director again.
Hope this works. ::) If none of that does it ,try the help page on HP web site ,or Email them with your question.
Good Luck   Patricia
Short: Lincolnshire; India;London;Scotland; Limerick; Belfast<br />Lane: Surrey/London/Northampton/Hereford/Cheshire/Staffordshire<br />Occomore: Hampshire; London<br />Heaton: Yorkshire; Derbyshire;London
Cutts: London;Derbyshire; Yorkshire;Lancashire
One Name Study -  OCCOMORE
~~~~~~~~-------
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lynbee

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • William Wallace - Veteran of Moturoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 November 05 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi DDraig,
I suggest that you email HP Support.  When I bought my printer, I just could not get it setup and HPDirector would not work.  I emailed HP and after them getting me to unistall & check some things they decided that it was the Installation CD.  They sent me a new one, & no more problems.
Good luck
Regards
Lyn
Breen, Ireland
Butterworth, London
Cairns,  Renfrewshire
Carter, Lancs
Eggerton/Eggenton,
Gibbons, London
Huntingdon, London
Kearns, Renfrewshire/Argyleshire, Scotland/Donegal, Ireland
Stewart, Renfrewshire