Author Topic: cheshire /shropshire family history look up PLEASE  (Read 2600 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
cheshire /shropshire family history look up PLEASE
« on: Sunday 29 August 04 13:52 BST (UK) »
can any one out there help me , with my long time brick wall, my  JAMES TIMMIS  married  CATHERINE WALKER  in 1784 at whitmore church  in staffordshire.  then they had son george , born in AUDLEM cheshire in 1786 , who is our ggggrandfather.   then in later sensus,s  the family gets bigger and they all seem to live in market drayton and woodseaves,i have paid 3 times at staffordshire archives,they got me james/catherine marriage paper which said they both came from the parish of stoke/ county of stafford. but the researcher can find no more info, even after paying twice more,i am desperatly trying to find JAMES/ CATHERINES parents, and to find out if son GEORGE had any siblings,any help/ ideas please please. and i am sorry if i am boring you all to tears.but desperation is setting in. thanks a lot regards nora T :'( :'(
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: cheshire /shropshire family history look up PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 November 04 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nora T
I live not to far from Shropshire Records Office in Shrewsbury and would be willing to help - BUT!!!
I have never yet tried to find out anything from a records office - as all mine are from far flung counties - I see that you're an experienced visitor - if you give me all the relevant details I need and what to ask for - I have a "brain and a tongue" so should be able to find something out.
Perhaps it might give me some ideas for when I set off for deepest Hertfordshire!!

Cheers
Keith Bateman
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: cheshire /shropshire family history look up PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 November 04 17:42 GMT (UK) »
dear keith, thank you so much for your kind offer, and i am not really , that good at family history, i just keep plodding on, with a lot of help from a lady in the usa. i am trying to find, the parents/ family of JAMES TIMMIS,or his death or burial, or the same of his wife CATHERINE  {WALKER} TIMMIS ,    they  were MARRIED at WHITMORE CHURCH  inSTAFFS. in  1784   then had son GEORGE  baptised at AUDLEM in CHESHIRE in 1786,   i have  their wedding papers, which says they were of the county of stafford,and i have george,s baptism papers,from audlem,  neither of these  papers give any information, only their names and the year,i have all the information, from then down to now, except if they had any other children apart from  GEORGE.   why i think the records might be at shropshire, is  the  family, all seemed to go to MARKET   DRAYTON, WOODSEAVES, and FOUR ALLS, and also  the county,s have changed, and what is now part of shropshire, was once  classed as   stafford shire,  any way it is very good of you to offer to look for me, and it would be great if you found something to help break down my brick wall,  but i will under stand if  nothing turns up, and of couse , if we are lucky, i will pay for any photo copies, ect, thanks again for your kind offer, regards , nora
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley