Author Topic: Are these the same man??  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
Are these the same man??
« on: Saturday 05 November 05 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if this the right board but I would welcome any advice.

These are scans of my gg grandfather Joesph Henry Ingram (on the right) and some one, or so it is written on the back of the photo, called Sidney George Ingram (on the left).
The more I look the more I see they are the same person.
What do you think?

It would help immensely as at first me and PrueM had Sidney as the father then a brother or cousin ???

Cal

UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Are these the same man??
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 November 05 22:43 GMT (UK) »
I don't think so, siblings perhaps but not the same person, the mouth is wrong.
Sharon
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 November 05 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sharon
The one on the right is taken C1860 and the one on the left is a photo of an engraving so not sure when it was taken but those who know about 'fashion' at the time may know more about the date?
It could be it is Josephs father or brother .. maybe
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 November 05 23:59 GMT (UK) »
According to another posting where I was trying to find out more about the fellow in the pic on the left, the fashions were around the 1870s mark, but obviously the portrait could have been taken later than that.

I would say the photo on the right was taken early 1860s.

Now that I see them together after having slept on the problem, I can see that perhaps the noses are different, although that could be the different angle that they are on.  The mouth is different too, but is that just because one is smiling and the other looks grumpy??!!

Cal's Cuz P  ;D

Offline suegill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 November 05 01:19 GMT (UK) »
I'm not so concerned about the mouths but the noses look really different to me.

Sue
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Alker - Aspull, Hindley
Marsh - Atherton
Blain - Atherton
Gill - Atherton
Hogg - Loscoe, Crich
Harrison - Heanor, Ruddington
Earnshaw - Heanor
Cope - Heanor, Loscoe, Mapperley
Daykin - Heanor, Loscoe, Mapperley

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 November 05 01:05 GMT (UK) »
no!! it just does'nt tally, i would bet they are not the same person, but then who know's??

kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 November 05 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I see what you all say but when you look at the hair line and the brow, eye formation they maybe the same man but older or at very least  close relative........... father, brother or cousin???
Wwe ever know???

Cal