Author Topic: victorian photos  (Read 47499 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: victorian photos
« Reply #18 on: Monday 07 November 05 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Angelfish,
Thanks for the ideas.   :)  I don't mind doing the scanning etc, it would be a pleasure!  Not sure how much someone else would be able to do re. a webpage/site though...I think I will just ask Rootschat for a separate webspace from my personal one, and get my Photoshop software to produce the actual pages.  They won't be flash, but people will be able to scroll through and see all the pics as thumbnails, and then click on ones they are interested in to  get an enlarged version.
It's the scanning that will take a long time, but if people are happy to wait, then I'm happy to do it.
Prue

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 07 November 05 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Thrilled to bits to think that we are going to see photos through Rootschat.  Thank you Jakky and thanks to you too Prue for all your time and patience. In happy anticipation..........

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 07 November 05 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Well done Cuz
& I know you are the one for the job because of your passion and expertise in photographic stuff.............. can't wait to view them.
Jakky what an absolutely fantastic find and I know what you mean, I too am useless on computers and scanning stuff to the best resolution etc etc but the magic will be worked on her . With out any shadow of a doubt you will make lots of Root chatters very happy (inc me!) ;D

Cal
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 07 November 05 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
      May I make a suggestion that if you wish to create a web album, it would be worth having a look at "j album", a freeware album creator.
       Here is an album that was made using "j album"
http://dennisford.rootschat.net/philippinealb/slides/2005-03-11indaysfilm6phils195.html
        It is highly customisable, with the ability to change any feature of the album, comes with many ready made and customisable templates.
         The particular album above can be scrolled through or used as a slideshow and could be burned to C.D. for distribution.

Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Excellent, thank you denn.  I will have a look at that.  It sounds more versatile than what Photoshop can produce.
Prue

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 02:07 GMT (UK) »
and easy to use
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 09:52 GMT (UK) »
OOps,

sorry Jan I meant you, it's an age thing dear! ::)

Jakky

;D ;D ;D ;D

I know exactly what you mean!!!!!

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline hlbradd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Prue

Are you planning to scan in the backs as well ?  Or will photos have any 'clues' as to names, areas?

Sorry, know it means twice as much work ;)

Helen
Warwickshire - ADKINS / KENNARD
Hertfordshire - BRADD / ROBLETT / THOROGOOD / WATSON
ABURN - BLANKS - BLOGG - BURGESS - FERRY - FREEMAN - GOODRICK - GOTTY -MEECH - MIDDLEDITCH -  RUSSELL - PLANT - THURSTON

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jakky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emmeline and all,

They have now been posted, they asked me what the worth was and I said priceless ;D

I hope they arrive safely in Oz.

Jakky
Thomas.  Wigan Bolton & Fleetwood
Wilcox. Liverpool & Fleetwood.
Lamplough. Hull.
Hallam. Wigan & Bolton
Jordan. Hackney.
Burtonwood. Wigan,Bolton
All Census Look Up Transcriptions Are Crown Copyright.