Author Topic: Primrose Cottage, Charlton Kings  (Read 1286 times)

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Primrose Cottage, Charlton Kings
« on: Sunday 06 November 05 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know where there is a Primrose Cottage in Charlton Kings, it could possibly be in the Springbottom area.

I know my Nans family came from around Charlton Kings, Springbottom being one of the area's/addresses. On one of the census returns the address is Mill Cottage.

The one im interested in is Primrose Cottage.......my auntie went to see a "Medium" the other day and my nan came through (she passed away last month) and she mentions that this "Primrose Cottage" was one of her favourite memories.

Could anybody help me and see if it still exists, i live in Bedworth near Coventry.

Any help will be greatly received.

CAZ
DEVON : Gillard,Horn,Powlesland,Cooper,Crocker,Mallett,Branch
GLOUCESTERSHIRE : Hanks,Pratt,Bowen,Hall,Compton,Lawrence,Morris,Williams, Izard,Dancey,Derrett
WORCESTERSHIRE : James, Wheatcroft

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Primrose Cottage, Charlton Kings
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 November 05 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caroline!

I can recommend James HODSDON's excellent Gazeteer of Cheltenham, which seems to include Charlton Kings:

http://www.cheltgaz.ukpc.net/

Just had a quick look, but there doesn't seem to be a Primrose, other than Primrose Lawn in Pittville.

Hope this helps

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 November 05 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Arronroots, thanks for telling me about this web site, just been on it and could'nt find "Primrose Cottage"......but then Springbottom did'nt come up either and that was the rellies address for a couple of the Census returns.

I found the site to be interesting anyway, i'll add it to my "Favourites" for future use.

CAZ
GLOUCESTERSHIRE : Hanks,Pratt,Bowen,Hall,Compton,Lawrence,Morris,Williams, Izard,Dancey,Derrett

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 November 05 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Me again!

Try "Spring Bottom" and I think you will find it!  Also lots of references to Mills, including the one in what is now School Lane, Charlton Kings.

Sorry to hear about your nan, by the way.  I wonder if the cottage was renamed at some point?  Thinking laterally, I tried Rose but you could try other flower names (not sure how this medium thing works!)

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 November 05 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Arronroots, i'll give it a try

CAZ

Offline Elsup00

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 May 20 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline, did you find the answer to your question about Primrose Cottage? My father and his father's side of the family are/were were from Charlton Kings. My grandparents 'Chick' (George) and Cis Fowles lived there all their lives, and I spent a lot of time at their house. My great grandmother, Lottie Fowles lived in a cottage at Spring Bottom, just by the actual spring itself. I remember visiting as a very young child. (In my 40s now!) I will ask my dad about Primrose Cottage, and mention the other bits of info that you have, to see if he can shed some light on the subject. The name you mentioned does sound familiar.