Author Topic: llangyfelach church records  (Read 44667 times)

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: llangyfelach church records
« Reply #54 on: Monday 14 June 10 22:30 BST (UK) »
The Glamorgan Family History Society has a CD for Mynydd-Bach Chapel.  Has anybody used it?  You might check and see what other chapels are available.   I would be interested to know if they are transcriptions or images of the register books    LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan

Offline tudorrees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 16 June 10 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for you assistance - will get in touch with GFHS and see what they have...

Tudor

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 17 June 10 01:40 BST (UK) »

Have you got them on the 1841 Census, Ken?

Romilly.
Hi Everyone,I am about to see the above link. llangyfelach parish records..but could not find what I needed there 6 months ago, however,First though I thought It a good Idea to add these.Hannah Jenkins born ab;1811-12 married George Truscott tin worker he was born In Corwall. I have many details of their children and these two persons owned the Landore pub In the 1800's. I would be so happy If Icould find out for certain If Hannah [ nee]Jenkins Truscott's mother Was ?' Elizabeth Allen'brn;1765 who married   Walter Jenkins brn 1767of Cwmcarvon..Apparently Hannah's birth cert cannot be found anywhere as yet!but I have this info already exept I am' not certain 'If Hannah was born In Llangyfelach although 1 cert copy said born Llangyfelach, I have reson to believe Hannah's father was Walter Jenkins of Cwmcarvon,her mother Elizabeth Allen of Trealy farm.
Please would there be a kind person out there to be able to search for Hannah[nee]Jenkins mother for me/? As best you can from somewhere? As I know it is difficult without her  birth cert, my names are Goss,Lot/tt Truscott,Jenkins of Llangyfelach and Cwmcarvon Monmouthshire.  best thanks from Diane.

Offline 936trt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 09 May 13 12:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sarah/Trystan, for letting me know about this.
My quest is details of the marriage of THOMAS Thomas to Catherine HARRIES(Harry) 21 Nov 1804 in Langyfelach.
GlamFHS index shows Banns and Witness and I wondered if its poss to look at original records which might give clues to parents/occupations etc?
Catherines parents Rees and Hannah HARRIES(Harry)he was a mason,Thomas father not known but guess at another THOMAS Thomas probably also a Puddler as were all the male descendants.
Coincidentally the family maternal side is ROWLAND from Panteg.

Ron T

Offline avrilw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 07 June 13 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for Jenkins and Bevan in this parish-late 1700s to early 1800s.  A lot of records can be found on freereg

http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl

Happy hunting

Avril

Offline 936trt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 07 June 13 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi avrilw,

Thanks for the suggestion but already tried freereg and they have no more detail than the glamfhs marriage index.

cheers
trt

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 27 June 13 21:25 BST (UK) »
...My quest is details of the marriage of THOMAS Thomas to Catherine HARRIES(Harry) 21 Nov 1804 in Langyfelach.

Re Marriage of Catherine Harry and Thomas Thomas at Llangyfelach, Groom's Parish is given as Llansamlet.

Offline 936trt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 28 June 13 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hi morganallan,

Thanks for your response,I have the GlamFHS record,however he lists in the 1851 and 1861 census as born in Llangefelach, maybe he was living/working in Llansamlet 1804 .I thought that there could be more detail in the original record  (WB) but up to now no takers!

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly     I have family in LLangyfelach.    Do you know the parents of your Margaret Davies? Have you seen the records for Mynydd- Bach Chapel?   IGI has gaps for mid 1780's so am uncertain whether to buy CD.  My Davies family lived at Penygors and Pentwyn near the church.   LizR

Hi Liz,
I realise your post is now some years old, I wonder if you are still active?

In recent years Mynyddbach Chapel has gone through some interesting times, the chapel has recently seen a revival and they now have a website http://mynyddbachchapel.com/ I wonder if contact with chapel officers would assist your research?

Regards, JohnG, Llangyfelach, Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.