Author Topic: llangyfelach church records  (Read 44556 times)

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: llangyfelach church records
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 06 March 10 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Llangyfelach Parish records are on Free Reg  Burials Marriages and baptisms  No mother listed on the early baptism  I'm interested in Grey Especially Morgan 1729, Evan !861 and Margaret 1791.   LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan

Offline Jtyner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 06 March 10 10:04 GMT (UK) »
hi, i believe we may have a connection, my relation elizabeth williams born 1841 married William Lewis b 1836 llangyfelach, they had 8 children. i am willing to share any info i have with you.
william lewis was a coalminer.

It is possible that we have a connection but I have no other data on William Lewis (b. abt.1836 Llangyfelach) that would confirm this.  Is your William Lewis the son of William Lewis/(b. abt. 1816) and Hannah Owen? 
i dont know william's parents i am related to his wife elizabeth
hi Dave, i have been sent a rough draft of a cousin's descent from William and Hannah, so we are connected, even if we are not cousins ourselves as i am not descended from William but his wife, William's parents are indeed William and Hannah(no surbname given for her but i am pretty sure it is hannah owen. William is belived to have died on 11th November 1922, but not prved yet, he is in the 1911 census, as widower, Elizabeth died after 1901 census but she cannot be found in the census. i have info that she died in 1895 but again not sure how accurate it is. william and parents william and hannah are in graig trewyddfa in 1841 or 1851. john
Williams: Morriston Llangyfelach, Clydach Pontardawe
Jones: Monmouthshire, Caerphilly, Llandefeilog Carmarthen
Hutton: bells hill co. Down, northern Ireland and Dublin
Price: Caerphilly
Lewis: Pembrokeshire
Devonald: Moylegrove Pembrokeshire
David/Davies: Llanelly camarthenshire
Clement: Glamorgan

Offline althea12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Not quite Llang
thanks altheayfelach church records anyone with records of Salem church near there?

Offline DAHill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 17 March 10 13:37 GMT (UK) »
hi, i believe we may have a connection, my relation elizabeth williams born 1841 married William Lewis b 1836 llangyfelach, they had 8 children. i am willing to share any info i have with you.
william lewis was a coalminer.

It is possible that we have a connection but I have no other data on William Lewis (b. abt.1836 Llangyfelach) that would confirm this.  Is your William Lewis the son of William Lewis/(b. abt. 1816) and Hannah Owen? 
i dont know william's parents i am related to his wife elizabeth
Sorry for the delay in responding.  Yes, I'd like to know more about your Elizabeth .  Last name?  Location?  I have no way of verifying your Elizabeth and William Lewis (b. abt. 1836, Llangyfelach) are relations to me but perhpas with your data I can confirm.  With so many common names I'd like to make certain we're on the right track. 
 Thanks in advance. 
David
Massachusetts, USA

Offline DAHill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 17 March 10 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cas, ;)

I have Baptisms, 1838 - 1930.  So not very early I am afraid.  Let me know if I can help.

Elin

Elin,
May I ask a favor?  I'm looking for baptism of William Lewis, b. about 1836 in Llangyfelach.  Parents were William Lewis and Hannah Owen.  Perhaps William wasn't baptised until 1838??  Let's hope!

Thanks in advance,
David

Offline DAHill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 17 March 10 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debjenks,

I can't help I'm afraid...but I'm after Rees's in that Parish if anyone is able to help.

Best Wishes, Romilly.

Romilly,
I have Rees family in Llangynwyd dating back to 1841.  I have my ggf Joseph Ree marrying Elizabeth Lewis at the parish church there on November 12, 1861.  Joseph was born 1841 in Walwyn's Castle in Pembrokeshire(?).  Joseph's parents are buried in the parish church yard in Llangynwyd.  Any connection? 

David

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 18 March 10 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

My G/Grandfather Evan Rees was born in Llangyfelach in (approx) 1838. He married Margaret Davies in Llangyfelach in 1859, and on the 1881 Census for Wales they are living at 18 Welcome Street, Swansea with their 7 children:

Evan Rees     42yrs Occupation: Copperman.
Margaret Rees 43yrs

John Rees    22yrs
Sarah Ann Rees 19yrs
Margaret Rees 14yrs
George Rees    13yrs
Elizabeth Rees    9yrs
Selina Rees    4yrs
William Rees    2yrs.

The Margaret Rees, aged 14yrs on the 1881 Census was my Grandmother. I know that Elizabeth and Sarah Ann emmigrated to the USA, but I don't know what happened to the rest of them.

I've found Evan Rees's parents, (Evan and Anne Rees) on the 1841 Census for Wales, & they both seem to have come from Llangyfelach too. I can't see any links to Llangynwyd, but who knows?

Best Wishes,
Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline DAHill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 18 March 10 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

My G/Grandfather Evan Rees was born in Llangyfelach in (approx) 1838. He married Margaret Davies in Llangyfelach in 1859, and on the 1881 Census for Wales they are living at 18 Welcome Street, Swansea with their 7 children:

Evan Rees     42yrs Occupation: Copperman.
Margaret Rees 43yrs

John Rees    22yrs
Sarah Ann Rees 19yrs
Margaret Rees 14yrs
George Rees    13yrs
Elizabeth Rees    9yrs
Selina Rees    4yrs
William Rees    2yrs.

The Margaret Rees, aged 14yrs on the 1881 Census was my Grandmother. I know that Elizabeth and Sarah Ann emmigrated to the USA, but I don't know what happened to the rest of them.

I've found Evan Rees's parents, (Evan and Anne Rees) on the 1841 Census for Wales, & they both seem to have come from Llangyfelach too. I can't see any links to Llangynwyd, but who knows?

Best Wishes,
Romilly.

Oh, so close yet no match.  I also have a Sarah Ann Rees born about June 1859 but I am quite certain her parents were Thomas and Ann, not your Evan and Margaret.  So, it looks like there isn't a match.  Thanks very much for responding and best wishes for a successful search.
David

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 18 March 10 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Romilly     I have family in LLangyfelach.    Do you know the parents of your Margaret Davies?  Have you seen the records for Mynydd- Bach Chapel?   IGI has gaps for mid 1780's so am uncertain whether to buy CD.  My Davies family lived at Penygors and Pentwyn near the church.   LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan