Author Topic: 1841 Census Please - Job ROSSITER  (Read 1706 times)

Offline CoCoC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Please - Job ROSSITER
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 09 January 22 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Katy,  I am from Jobs son John b1820 I think and in turn from his son Alfred b 08Nov1871.  Have been dabbling for years but now have the time to look more closely at the Family tree, so going back on the male line.  Have not started on the branches yet, but see from a past entry that you are from George.  The one that married Jemima?   Also see that you have been doing a lot of work over the years.  Am back to Daniel and Mary Purcell I think and believe his father was also a Daniel.     Assuming we are all connected to the Rossiter’s of Combe St Nicholas near Chard,  but seems a bit of a mystery surrounding that family.   Happy to give you any info about my side.  Regards CoCoC

Offline Katy29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 09 January 22 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi CoCoC

I understand that George was born in North Bradley and married Jemima Millett (youngest daughter of Stephen Millett, butcher, and Henrietta Usher).

Job married Christianna (?) Paradise in 1819 in Frome. The family seem to have settled in Rode. Job was born in 1795 and died in 1875.

Previous research, from memory, links them to Evercreech.

Hope this helps.

Katy

Offline CoCoC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 10 January 22 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Katy,

Many thanks for the info.   Have seen Rossiter’s in Evercreech but not really looked at them yet.  As you say the Rossiter’s seemed fairly settled in Road,

CoCoC