Author Topic: PICKERING/PICKERAM and WILSON  (Read 16904 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PICKERING/PICKERAM and WILSON
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 27 January 19 18:34 GMT (UK) »
I have another Henry Pickering on my tree, father George although I don't know Henry's mother's name. Henry was born abt 1839 and married Sarah Brown Apr 26, 1881 in the Presbyterian Church in Magherafetl. Sarah's father was Thomas.
Henry died Jan 13, 1918 and his cousin Wesley McGuckin was present. i have learned that Wesley was John Wesley McGuckin and he married Elizabeth Hipson in 1872 in Desertmartin and his father was John. Does anyone have any idea how Henry Pickering and Wesley McGuckin are cousins? I have been trying to figure that one out.
Thanks for any help.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 27 January 19 20:21 GMT (UK) »
So many different possibilities- maybe something in family Wills?

Probate of the Will of Henry Pickering late of Durnascallon, Co. Londonderry, farmer, who died 13 January 1918 granted at Londonderry to Rev. William Wilson Mercier, Dromore, clerk in Holy Orders and James Corr, Durnascallon, farmer. Effects: £22 10s 0d

McGuckin John Wesley of "Hollymount" Durnascallion Desertmartin county Londonderry farmer died 16 July 1931 Probate Londonderry 18 March to George McGuckin farmer. Effects £372 6s. 8d

McGuckin Robert of Hollymount Desertmartin county Londonderry farmer died 2 November 1954 Probate Belfast 3 January to Dermot Storey Badger solicitor. Effects £1882 16s. 6d
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 January 19 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you aghadowey. That is probably best, or obits.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland