Author Topic: Hurley family, Merthyr Tydfil  (Read 1987 times)

Offline ALISON4164

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hurley family, Merthyr Tydfil
« on: Sunday 29 August 04 18:02 BST (UK) »
Please could somebody do a free look up for me.  I am looking for Patrick Hurley who was my great grandfather and I would like to know where in Merthyr Tydfil he was burried.  The only problem is that I don't know when he dies.  It was sometime between 1850 and 1867 in Merthyr Tydfil.  I don't know if this will make a difference as to where he was burried but he was a Catholic. 
Thanks for any help offered.  ;D

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley family, Merthyr Tydfil
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 September 04 15:06 BST (UK) »
I'm off to Merthyr Library tomorrow, I'll see what i can find for you.

Amy
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 September 04 13:58 BST (UK) »
Is this request now completed?

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison4164,

Sorry it took me so long to do this look up for you, I have been very busy of late.

Right, there is one possible candidate for you burial

Patrick HURLY
Buried: 06 May 1847
Residence: Caedraw
St Tydfil's Burial Ground

I realise this this outside the time scale you mentioned but I thought I would let you know about it anyway.

I checked the two Catholic Churches burials, to no avail. Firstly, because St Mary's (Merthyr) kept no burial records for this period. So he might have been buried there, but there is no way of finding out. St Illtyd's (Dowlais) only has records from 1857 onwards, but he is not mentioned in the records after this date.

The two municple cemeteries open in Merthyr during the period. Pant in 1860 and Cefn in 1859. The good news is the the council has an index from which they are willing to do free look ups. The number you need to call is 01685 725415.

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk