Author Topic: Peach / paul-ll Broadwinsor  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Angel1472

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Peach / paul-ll Broadwinsor
« on: Sunday 06 November 05 21:32 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for some inspiration and help on a confusing matter.

I'm looking at the Paul/Paull family that lived in Broadwinsor

I was looking for George William Paul who married Jane Elizabeth? and had the following children:

Jane b 1839
Sidney b 1841
Henry b 1843
Joseph b 1845
John b 1848
David b 1851
George b 1855
William b 1860
Frederick b 1864 (my great great grandfather)

I have found them on the 1851 and 1861 census

I have also found what i believe to be William (George) Jane (Elizabeth) living with what i think is William's parents in 1841 - the Head (father) being Henry Paull and mother Ann

Then in 1861 again in searching Jane Paull (daughter of William and Jane) as she wasn't with the family i found her living with Ann Peach b 1809 (head), Ann Paull b 1781 (mother), Jane Paull (niece).

My question is who did Ann Peach marry to become a Peach?
I am assuming she married between 1851 and 1861 as in 1851 she was still Paull and living with Ann (her mother).

In 1871 Ann Peach is listedas married and as daughter living with Ann Paull (Head) and Benjamin Paull (son) but by 1881 she is widowed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kelly

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Peach / paul-ll Broadwinsor
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 November 05 21:18 GMT (UK) »
The handwriting isn't wonderfully clear, but I read the 1851 entry for Ann (1809) as Peach, not Paull - a pity her marital status isn't shown!  However, the IGI has a marriage in Broadwinsor on 15 Oct 1838 between Ann Paull and William Peach which looks likely: it's also on FreeBMD - Dec Q 1838, ref. Beaminster 8 3.

What do you think?

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk