Author Topic: DDRAIG Gr Gr Grandparents  (Read 2808 times)

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DDRAIG Gr Gr Grandparents
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 November 05 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Sorry deadants and DDRAIG could not resist  :D

Yes it's a tough one. The gentleman is not to bad but the woman is so faded I think a it of fancy manipulating is called for.

Is this what you mean, or wishful thinking  :D  ;D  :D

Had a go at the original -  :'( will leave well alone 
Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline Man of Kent

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 November 05 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Kenhar, thats amazing ;)
If only ::)
Joking aside the lady in the original photograph is wearing a tiara with a jewel decoration draped down her forehead.
I just tried a colour wash on the entire Image, light blue, and it brings out more detail.

Offline Man of Kent

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 November 05 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Sorry,I was distracted by Kenhars fantastic work ;D ;)
Here is the washed image

Offline DDRAIG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 November 05 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Having returned from a short break and on opening up my PC what a suprise, I would like to thank Gary, Man of Kent Kenhar,Scrattletrap for the improvement's made to the pretty washed out photograph of my forebears, you have brought out the likeness to both of the faces especially to my gr/gr grandmother looking at another photograph I have it bears a very good resemblance.
I would like to give a special thanks to deadants for his patience in dealing with me and for the time he spent advising me on certain aspects he was most kind.
Once again my thanks to you all.
DDRAIG
Bushell Nor/Dev. French Dur/Yks/Glam. Edwards Shrops/Lnd/Glam.  Armytage Ess/ Glam Eves Som/Glam. Owens Glam  Stimpson Rut/Glam. Nash Gls/Mon/  Tucker Gls. Williams Gls. Lever Yks  Leaf Yks

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 July 23 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat. The topic that you have replied to was posted 18 years ago, and the person who posted it hasn't been on Rootschat for several years.
 Photo Editing software has improved enormously over the years, and the restorers on here, have many years  experience and give their services freely.
Carol 
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU