Author Topic: Netherlands Ancestry Site  (Read 3488 times)

Offline gjil

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Netherlands Ancestry Site
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 17 December 05 10:09 GMT (UK) »
 Also thet don't like it if you hang your washing out or mow the lawn e.t.c on a sunday. So loo if you ever go and live in holland ask your neighbours if they are Dutch Reform before you move in. LOL

gjil
Whitmore  Shoreditch
England Staffordshire & Shoreditch
Kenyon Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
Rooney County Down
Wilkin Lincolnshire
Clare  Lambeth
Cooper Middlesex
Tyas Yorkshire

Offline honeybuns

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 17 December 05 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Now I know why my grandma never wanted me to go play outside on Sundays when I was little for years and she got abit miffed when I let my daughter out in garden when she was a toddler!!! Oh dear!!!  :o

Offline Ann12

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - third from the left
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 17 December 05 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

They really believe in their values.  I don't personally agree with it (children SHOULD play when they want to - they don't know or care whether its a Friday or Sunday after all). 

In England (where these people knock on your door and try to convert you) in Holland they don't - they keep themsevles to themselves - so, as a result, are ignored by the general population!!

Anna :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />names: <br />Josolyne - Essex & Herts, <br />Wainwright - Hamps & London, <br />Kentish - Rotherhithe, London & Kent, <br />Herbert - Seaford, Sussex - London & Glous
Mumford - Essex, Birchanger
Sims-Miles - London & Hertfordshire
Cooper - Great Witley and London (Holborn)
Greengrass - Kent & London