Author Topic: Cromarty Duffs  (Read 2468 times)

Offline looking_for_duffs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Cromarty Duffs
« on: Tuesday 08 November 05 22:39 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the Duffs of Cromarty. My Grandad is a Duff and he lived in Cromarty till about 1950. His name is Roderick James. His father was Roderick and his mother was Isobella May Duff. Both were born in 1895 and was married in 1924 at the United Free Church in Cromarty. Rodericks Father was Alexander and his mother was Jessie MacCulloch. Isobellas Father was called Donald Bain and her Mother was called Jessie Bain. My Grandad had a sister called Jessie who was born in 1926. She later married George McGinty.
Anyone out there that can help please?

Offline stumpytouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cromarty Duffs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 December 05 13:25 GMT (UK) »
hi,have you looked in the cromarty image website??,or are you the one making enquiries in there now, i remember your g.dad and i thought it was his daughter jessie who lived in bank street cromarty,i was passing the house one night when jessie came running out of the door saying that her father had died,the other person with me went in and comfirmed the death. is this the same family.they lived next to the watsons in bank street. i would have been around 15/16 years old at the time which would place the death around 1948 or 1949.

Offline looking_for_duffs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cromarty Duffs
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 December 05 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes, its the same family. I think my Grandad was on National Service at that time. Unfortunatly, my Grandad passed away on October 24th this year.
Jessie was his sister. My Grandad has the same name as his Dad.