Author Topic: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up  (Read 114532 times)

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
  • Martha Murray 1920-1990
    • View Profile
Re: Birkenhead library look up/Flaybrick Cemetery
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia and Kira
I will keep a lookout if you find this grave Celia and if I can, will try and get a photo for Kira. That is IF it ever stops raining >:( here. So weather permitting and if Celia finds the plot I will try and get the photo but it may take a while Kira.
Please bear in mind though as I have found out with the ones Celia has found for me, a lot of graves either did not have headstones or have been left to fall into disrepair and are now most likely buried. Also parts of some of our cemetery's have been badly vandalized with stones being broken and tipped over,but we will keep our fingers crossed you may have something to get a photo of ;)
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Birkenhead library look up/Flaybrick Cemetery
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Celia and Toad!! Really appreciated.  I will do the paste thing on Chesire Celia..take care...Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Read that again bubblejack its 19c not 14
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline bubblejack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 21:08 GMT (UK) »
The first grave that I went to look at was the plot 19c grave 253 that didn't have the headstone and which we presumed was Leonard Ruth. You have now found that Leonard Garner is in that plot so I presume the first link you ever sent me for plot14c is for Leonard Ruth who died 1936. I discounted that one at first because the date of his burial differs by 5 days from the info I have and I always thought they were both in the same grave but I suppose it could be a transcription error. Confusing all these Leonards! Hope I have understood you properly  ::)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: Thursday 10 November 05 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bubblejack
I can now confirm that your Leonard Ruth Woods & Leonard Garner woods are as you were told in the same grave. (don't ask ;D ;D )On Plot 19c.I was going to have the record printed out for you but didn't have my money with me. Now can you tell me how far are you with your family tree?Where is your grandmother buried? were all your family born in wirral? The reason i am asking is because I worked out when Leonard G Woods was born so <1887>
I had a look on the Free B.M.D found nothing at all.I then looked at the U.K.B.M.D which i mostly use myself, i found.
Leo Woods B1887 Dukinfield sub dis Hartshead reg at Tameside.records Town Hall King Street Dukinfield Cheshire.
And
Leo Woods B. 1888 Wallasey. Reg in Wirral.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: Thursday 10 November 05 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kira
welcombe to RootsChat, I have made enquries about your Thomas Lloyd in Flaybrick. I wasnt able to do a lookup for that cem till next week because i dont have accsess to that film till next week. The Library kindly phoned up another library to as them to send any details by fax. To save me a journy wasnt that kind. I am to call back later to collect the fax with information.If you can verifie the death year of the others i will do those later. I need as much information as possible to save wasted journys in this now winterie weather. (no shelter at the bus stops :( )

Celia P.S. Peter moved your topic into this one
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline bubblejack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: Thursday 10 November 05 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for checking again for me Celia, just sad that there is no headstone to check the Ruth!! My Grandmother and the rest of the family were cremated and the Woods line is from Prescot originally. I have gone back quite a long way with everyone from Liverpool but there is no more research to do for my Wallasey lot. I luckily have a few surviving relatives here that have helped with the missing details.
Thanks once again for all your help.

Gaynor
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: Thursday 10 November 05 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Celia, you are a sweety !! Don't go out in the bad weather just for me !!!
I really appreciate this (living in Canada) so take your time. Also thank you to Peter for 'moving me over ' to your site. Got busy here and wasn't 'on the ball' !!
Thomas Lloyd death per certificate 19 October 1922 at 13 Beech Road Tranmere age 49 Railway traffic canvasser.He was born  16 November 1872 Birkenhead. His wife Helena nee Fulton born 1880 Birkenhead.She died around mid 1970's. Their daughter l am presuming might be buried with them also named Helena Lloyd born  1915  Birkenhead ,died after 1975 ish. His father also Thomas Lloyd born 1843 Bagillt married Ann Jones born 1841 Holywell in 1866 Birkenhead. It was said that the grave stone is  'near a wall' and that there are 2 or 3 buried together. 
Weather suddenly gorgeous, so will send it your way when l have finished with it !!
Warmest Regards, Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: Monday 14 November 05 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kira
went up o the local library this morning,the fax had arrived,the librarian was very kind doing that,when she found out i wasn't well enough to go to Birkenhead.so its just a one off.
I could only ask for one burial look up to be faxed,but if you relatives are in the same grave,i only need one anyway.
 Buried 23rd Thomas Lloyd age 49 years Railway Traffic Canvasser is in a private grave (so should be well looked after) Plot 12 grave  768. I will see if can get the printout on here so you can check it.never done that before,but you have the grave & plot now so thats more important

Celia Hey Kira you just made me an Aristocrat ;D ;D
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials