Author Topic: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up  (Read 114528 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up
« Reply #306 on: Friday 18 November 05 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Anyone know where i can buy a wide screen monitor
 ;D ;D ;D Why was a gravestone that should be on section 12c on section 12. If Flaybrick is anthing like Rake Lane,it will have its boggy bits ;D Where the land slopes in Rake Lane it like a bog in the winter.Because the older gravestones where buried a lot deeper than the ones made in the 60 and after.It is the older ones that are still standing some from the early 1900 and before.I saw a much later headstone  recently toppled over,I have seen doorsteps bigger than the base it was on.It had just been put on top of the grave. So its Not surprising it fell over
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
  • Martha Murray 1920-1990
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: Friday 18 November 05 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia,
How big do you want the monitor? ;)
The confusion over the number 12 c I put is that in  Flaybrick that is section 12 and they are C of E burials. I am pretty sure I was looking in the right place as that was the only bit that went up to 12 ;) according to the map,such a pity the place in parts is such a mess :(
Pat
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: Monday 21 November 05 17:04 GMT (UK) »
My Last lookup till after Christmas  for all cemeteries except Rake Lane will be the 2nd of December  So if you have any you want doing please let me know.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: Thursday 24 November 05 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kira
Found your burial for Bettie Devlin,But this time the grave number is 718a not 768 don't remember seeing the a on the grave record. I do remember most of the 50,s records being very faint. But the burial record was better so thats why pat didn't find it (sorry pat :-[ )

Buried 5th Oct 1955 Bettie Devlin  age 42 Occ. Housewife.
Abode 8 Waterpark Close Birkenhead.
don't know if this one will have any connection,I came across it in

1961 buried 11th Feb Mary Elizabeth Devlin 84  Widow
of 15 Heather Brow B/H sec 14 grave 232

I wasn't able to look for the other Helena that died after 1976 the records don't go past that date as far as i can see .
If you can find her date of death,maybe we can go from there at a later date. Do you have an Ellen Lloyd that died in  Feb 1956 she is buried in sec 16.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: Thursday 24 November 05 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Celia!! Not sure of Ellen Lloyd being mine. It is such a common name in that part of town and one has to make sure the right dates are in order. Will hunt Helena down.I have not followed Devlin yet, but i'll note it when l do the Devlin tree.
You are so sweet in taking the time, along with Pat, to do this for me.
Because of this, l will make a donation to a charity of yours/Pats choice or one of mine, Animal Rescue Foundation in Calgary...where l received my German Shepherd cross who was dumped on a highway at one day old. To this day, she has the most beautiful sole. Sings opera too in her own key!!
Warm regards
Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: Thursday 24 November 05 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia and Kira,
Don't worry about it being the wrong grave no Celia, when the weather is better I will try and get a chance to have a look see if there is anything on plot 718 was it? What name should be on the stone if there is one? Got paper everywere here and as usuall can't find the one I wrote the names on ;D.
That is a nice thought Kira, and yes I think the animal rescue places need all the help they can get, if you go to the pets pictures on Roots (I think it is in the common room?) you will see a photo of our hound 2p who funnily enough sings opera in her own way too :D.
Must dash now still trying to find places to hide the Christmas pressys we have bought this week ;) its worse now trying to hide them from our 20 year old son than it was when we had all three kids at home when they were little ::)
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: Thursday 24 November 05 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Pat did you get the P.m  yet i sent  last week about The Bohannan lady i found in seacombe. Not the date you were looking for but thought it might be of interest,was it?

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: Thursday 24 November 05 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia yes thanks I did get it, sorry I meant to reply but I don't know were this week went :(. I keep finding odds and ends of Bohannans  but still cant seem to find the ones I am looking for ???. There was a family of them living in Birkenhead in  the 1881 census. I really do think that the one I am looking for (James) was possibly one of that family and perhaps the lady you found was too. The name was just not that common as some I have seen.I have a few Birth certs to send off for so one day I may unravel the great Bohannan family mystery ;D

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: Friday 25 November 05 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Burials Flaybrick

buried 23rd Jan Edward Alfred Male age 58. Laborer.Abode 10 Hollybank Road B/Head Private. Sec 11 Grave no. 182
Claimed :D

Buried 31st March Patrick Keogh age 76.Occ: Laborer
Abode 32 Oliver Street B/Head Sec 17 Grave 595.
Claimed

Buried 6th Dec. Annie Ellige age 85 Widow
Abode 52 Milner St B/Head Sec 7g Grave 182

Buried 25th Feb Ellen Lloyd age 81 Widow
Abode 72 Hulkyn St B/Head Sec 16 grave250

Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials