Author Topic: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up  (Read 114529 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up
« Reply #765 on: Saturday 10 July 10 23:54 BST (UK) »
They are supposed to carry out the deceased last wishes.
When I ordered a couple of wills long ago.It included A list of monies payed out For various things.This is done before the rest of it is doled out to family ;D Do you live in oz by any chance,your up late and I'm going to bed night night ;D
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Certacito

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: Sunday 11 July 10 00:02 BST (UK) »
No there is only one Warren Drive and quite a "posh" area.  The original house appears to have been knocked down.
Moreton. McKeown.

Offline raro20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: Sunday 11 July 10 09:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Celia
Well close guess, I'm from New Zealand, so I'm now in evening mode and your morning.
I'm looking forward to the school holidays being over and back to normality and being able to get back to my geaneology only another week to go!!!

Night
Linda

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: Monday 12 July 10 18:05 BST (UK) »
Linda
I now have a photo of the Gravestone,with it being first class it was easy to find.It isn't in very good condition though A few of the metal letters have fallen off.As much as i tried to visualize it i could not see how there could be 3 tiers missing off the two allready there making 5 tiers,you have the plinth, first tier second smaller.With the inscriptions on I have never seen a gravestone with 5 tiers.It would have looked like  mini Sphinx ;D Because there isn't much concrete on the top stone.My guess is there was a cross like some others on the section.
Please P.M me your email so I can send you the photo ;)

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline christopherneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia

Could you possibly do me a cpl of Rake Lane look ups please. I did try to find these when I visited Earlston Road but I drew a blank possibly as there are no headstones so I believe:

Catherine ellen macfarlane died 1st 1/4 1972 WAL/10a/2166

I am told she is buried on the side closest to the seaview road entarnce opposite what is now an ASDA. I believe she is CofE.

Also Owen Macfarlane died 1945 Wal/8a/566

He is the husband of the above so may well be in the same plot as the above but a relative I have spoken to says he isn't but does not know where he is buried but I suspect it will be Rake Lane.

Any information on any Macfarlanes buried in the cemetery would be welcome.

Many thnks

Chris Neil (Doncaster)

Offline cornish milly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia...I wonder if you could do me the greatest favour and look up a grave (hopefully there is one) for me.  My grandfather's first wife was Annie Maria Denton who died age 80 at 30 Demesne Street Wallasey on 18th December 1948.  I have been advised by folks on rootschat that she maybe buried at Rake Lane.  It has taken me four years to find her as my grandfather, was now as I have found out..a bigamist!  Her death cert informant was Geo L. Waller, her son, which has of course got me worked up, I am still trying to find him.  I still haven't found a suitable George Waller with Denton as the mother's surname and  I have not been able to find her on the 1901 or 1911 census.
Best wishes

Offline christopherneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: Monday 13 September 10 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia

It looks like you have been doing some great work helping people out. I am an ex Wallasey guy living in Yorkshire and have discovered relatives buried in Rake Lane including my long lost "Irish" grandfather who turned out to be from Liscard!

You are probably already aware but if not I was told that at Earlston Road library they have a list of transcriptions of all graves that have headstones at Rake Lane.

Chris Neil