Author Topic: My knock knees need help!!  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
My knock knees need help!!
« on: Saturday 12 November 05 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I know this isn't that old a photo but it is me and my friend in the 60s, just found it in an album. Couldn't stop laughing at the skinny legs on me!!

Any chance of a bit of magic?

Would love to send it to the other Caroline on there

Cal
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: My knock knees need help!!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 November 05 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cal,
 Here's a quick clean up. All kids of that time seemed to have skinny legs. No McDonalds back then. ;D
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 November 05 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deadants

Thank you so much.... I look an elf!! LOL  ;D

Know what you mean about no McDs, wholesome homecooked food for us then. The only fast food we would get as a big treat (very very infrequently) was Vesta Chowmein out of a packet and we used to fight over the crispy noodles!!! (tried one a few months ago and it tasted like sawdust!!)

Thanks again
Cal
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 November 05 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Gosh I have just re read what I put.... I didn't mean you made me look like an elf  ooops.... I looked that way before but with the picture looking so clean it reminded me of some one off Lord of the Rings tee hee

Cal

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 November 05 23:40 GMT (UK) »
We had a fish and chips shop down the road but I never seemed to have 1 shilling for the chips so the best I could do was a scallop of potato for tuppence. Ah, I can still  smell that salt and vinegar now.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 November 05 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Didn't you ever go into the fish shop for two-pennorth of scraps.
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 13 November 05 00:57 GMT (UK) »
We had three F&S shops in our suburb and the only one that would sell scrap fish and chips went up in flames. I found out a couple of years ago when I first started doing my family history, that the house next to that F&S shop was were my great Grandmother lived with her second husband. It's long gone now unfortunately. My football coach lived next door to my Great Gran's house, It was obviously built by the same builder as they were mirror images of each other.

Offline Man of Kent

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 13 November 05 01:20 GMT (UK) »
"two-pennorth of scraps. "

We call it crackling, and still ask for em ;D

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 13 November 05 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi MOK,
           How much does two pennorth cost today?
                                       Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol