Author Topic: JONES,BRADNEY,KIDSON,GALE,DORRICOTT, COOPER, EVANS, DABBS,TIPTON & YALE  (Read 12186 times)

Offline fluffychick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
JONES,BRADNEY,KIDSON,GALE,DORRICOTT, COOPER, EVANS, DABBS,TIPTON & YALE
« on: Tuesday 15 November 05 04:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, new to boards so heres my shropshire family surnames

Jones - Asterley, pontesbury, wellington
Kidson - Bridgenorth, morville,Netchwood, monkhopton, ditton priors also some in Black country
Bradney - Pontesbury Shropshire
Cooper- Abdon
Dabbs - Dudley and wellington
Daddicott / Dorricott - Alberbury, pontesbury
Gale / Yale- Lilleshall, edgemond, Donnington, Preston, Horton
Evans - Westbury
Tipton - Pontesbury
Tranter - Lilleshall, Donnington wood
Anyone with any links please get in touch
Thanks
I am sorry but my emails and website are no longer working.

Offline cuckoo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JONES,BRADNEY,KIDSON,GALE,DORRICOTT, COOPER, EVANS, DABBS,TIPTON AND YALE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 December 07 11:12 GMT (UK) »
hi my maiden name was dorricott.my gggrandfather was john dorricott born westbury 1821 he married mary ? from alberbury.would like to find out who johns parents were can you help thanks
dorricott,williams.egan.owen.tynan,hunt

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: JONES,BRADNEY,KIDSON,GALE,DORRICOTT, COOPER, EVANS, DABBS,TIPTON AND YALE
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 December 07 20:20 GMT (UK) »
If your Kidsons go back to Ann bap 1705 Benthall let me know.

Peter
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: JONES,BRADNEY,KIDSON,GALE,DORRICOTT, COOPER, EVANS, DABBS,TIPTON & YALE
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 December 07 07:08 GMT (UK) »

Hi fluffychick, and Welcome to Rootschat!

If you haven't done so already, may I suggest the you have a look at the Rootschat Surname Interest Table (SIT)  http://surname.rootschat.com/

It was devised by Rootschat member Berlin Bob, and you can input any many of your surnames as you like.  Hopefully, if another member is researching the same surname as you they will find your entries and contact you :)

Good Luck!
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 September 08 14:07 BST (UK) »
Fluffychick,

Maybe there is a link here for you.  My ancestral roots I am searching are Humpherson/Lees from Donnington Wood/Lilleshall areas.

I have a Noel Leese (1898).  His spouse (1900) Agnes Emily Tranter.

Also I have a Joseph Dorricott (1839).  His spouse Elizabeth Lees (1840)

Also I have Isaac Cooper (1875)  His spouse Florence Mabel Humpherson (1879)

Hope this may be of some help.

Doris B.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 January 09 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi, there was an Andrew DORRICOT aged 50 killed in the  March 6th1895 mine accident at Snailbeach Leadmine. He was a local Lay Preacher. The steel cable snapped at the top over the winding wheel  as the cage was being lowered and the cage dropped down with the weight of the cable on top of it. It had been 7 feet high but was flattened to 18inches. Full report in the local archives- Wellington Journal and S/bury News for early March 1895. He was a much respected man by all accounts The cage fell from half the 250 yard depth so 125 yds or375 feet.Other casualities were:-Joseph Evans.45.George Lewis 46.Richard Oakley 60.Thomas Jones 32.John Purslow52.Arthur Wardman. 26.It was obviously some negligence which had caused the "accident" but the dead miners `families recieved not one penny in compensation. Perhaps this Andrew Dorricot is some connection to you. Hope this is helpful.Viktoria

Offline Alsace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 23:01 BST (UK) »
I think the Andrew Dorricott killed in a mine, may be mine, as I have Andrew Dorricott born 1844,  lead miner and he was a Lay Preacher, I was really interested in the article

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 23:48 BST (UK) »
Hello, when you say "the article " do you mean what I said or have you managed to locate a proper account?If soyou will have found out a lot more than I told you. It is well worth a visit if you have never been to Snailbeach. A little way along the road at Pennerley is "The Bog centre" a Victorian school re-opened as a visitor`s centre serving delicious refreshments and so much information on all sots of things. There you will find lots of info and I recommend you to buy a book called"Never on a Sunday"priced about £10 and worth every penny for all the lovely photos and accounts of a way of life  when no-one did any work on a Sunday out of respect for The Sabbath.There is a good account of the accident in which Andrew Dorricot and 6 other miners were killed. If you live a long way away send a letter to :-.  The Bog Centre. Pennerley. Stiperstones. Shropshire. The volunteers are most helpful and very knowlegeable.The book would make a lovely present to anyone connected with the area or relatives of characters mentioned in it.Get in touch if I can be of further help. Viktoria

Offline Alsace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 16:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply, when I ment article, it was what you wrote, I live in south wales, so I will write and get the book.   I looked at my tree, and Andrew Dorricott was Gt. Grandmother's brother, I had his date of death, but not how he died, so I was delighted with your post
Best wishes  Kath