Author Topic: a2a Info for Ware  (Read 8096 times)

Offline Ann12

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - third from the left
    • View Profile
a2a Info for Ware
« on: Tuesday 15 November 05 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I haven't visited the a2a site for a while, I just have and found more records have been added for Ware.

http://www.a2a.org.uk/search/doclist.asp?nb=0&nbKey=1&com=1&keyword=Wareside&properties=0601

Also, for anyone interested in the Ware Congregational Church/Ware United Reformed Church, below is a link which gives much information on these Churches.

www.a2a.org.uk/html/046-nr6.htm

For those who haven't visited the a2a site yet it is worth pointing out that this site only provides info. on where these records are held, most of them are at HALS.  Saying that often included are extracts from the original documents.

Anna :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />names: <br />Josolyne - Essex & Herts, <br />Wainwright - Hamps & London, <br />Kentish - Rotherhithe, London & Kent, <br />Herbert - Seaford, Sussex - London & Glous
Mumford - Essex, Birchanger
Sims-Miles - London & Hertfordshire
Cooper - Great Witley and London (Holborn)
Greengrass - Kent & London

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: a2a Info for Ware
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 April 06 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann
I'm new to this site.
My family came from Hertford and then went to Much Hadham. My gggrandfather lived at Mardocks Farm. I have been there and saw the lady who wrote the book Miscillanary of Histories which I bought from her. Let me know if I can be of help. 
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi  Chelle in a box

Welcome to a great site - have a look around, you will find lots of things on Hertfordshire - and DON'T be afraid of asking questions - I have 100's against my name - all answered with common sense.

Cheers

Keith

P.S. You had better not visit the "Even lighter side" just yet - you might think we are all a load of silly billys ;D
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 21:46 BST (UK) »
but cousin Keith  we are lovely silly billys ;D ;D

san die
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for the warm welcome.
Know anything about Back Street Hertford?
Know anything about the Hoare family in Hertford?
Also would like to find the maiden name of Grace that married Samuel Hoare around 1794. She wasn't born in the british Isles (according to 1841 census)so I would love to find out what nationality a small part of me is from! They lived in Much Hadham and had all their children there.
Kind regards
Silly billy 'Chelle
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Chelle,

Of course you being new might not know that I have a website (chorus of Oh No from everyone!!)   ;D ;D

So have a look here - some of my lot were born in Hertford:
http://batemans-history.rootschat.net/pd523.htm#i618

Can't see Back St - but again I am sure my lot would be in the Front St anyway ;) ;)

I see you are a bit of a foreigner - not sure how you find out about that - is she alive in 1851?? Don't suppose her death certificate would tell you anything about that either.

Will have a think.

Sorry Anna for taking over your topic (creeps quietly back to his basket!!)

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 April 06 00:05 BST (UK) »
hi
Her death cert says nothing about it, nor on her grave stone. She died 1844 aged 80yr On the 1841 census there's a tick in the box under the heading to whether the person was born in thr British isles or not. In her case Not.
Your web page is very impresive by the way. It may take time to take the whole tour though.
regards 'Chelle (behind you!)
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline linmey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Propping up a Saxon shore fort!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 April 06 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Chelle, Dont worry, you will get plenty of reminders from Keith to view his website at every opportunity!!!!
   I will try to find out where Back Street was. There isnt one in Hertford now so I am wondering if it was in the area known as Butcherley Green!
  Welcome to Hertfordshire. Linda.
Reynolds, Woodham, Payne, Wilmott, Hart, Richardson, Packwood, Tandy, Dexter - Bedfordshire.
Chamberlain and Wagstaff- Hunts.
Freeman, Cheney, Cox- Northants.
Burns, Muter, Cobban, Hossack, Strachan, Moonlight.
Lanarkshire, Ross and Cromarty and Kincardineshire.
Garvey- Ireland.

Census Information Is Crown Copyright From--
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline linmey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Propping up a Saxon shore fort!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 06 April 06 07:32 BST (UK) »
Have found a link for you Chelle.
www.hertford.net/history/butcherley_green.asp
   I see that Back Street is now Railway Street which is still alive and kicking.
    Linda.
Reynolds, Woodham, Payne, Wilmott, Hart, Richardson, Packwood, Tandy, Dexter - Bedfordshire.
Chamberlain and Wagstaff- Hunts.
Freeman, Cheney, Cox- Northants.
Burns, Muter, Cobban, Hossack, Strachan, Moonlight.
Lanarkshire, Ross and Cromarty and Kincardineshire.
Garvey- Ireland.

Census Information Is Crown Copyright From--
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk