Author Topic: 1841 Hackney Census look-up please - NEWCOMB - still searching  (Read 893 times)

Offline KAOS

• RootsChat Member
  • Hands across the water
    • View Profile
1841 Hackney Census look-up please - NEWCOMB - still searching
« on: Wednesday 16 November 05 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Just to let everyone know that I have had marvelous results with postings at this site and have met some lovely people at the same time. What can be any better than this?

Now on to my perhaps too difficult asking of you...my ancestors Frederick(also found as George and Henry) and Rebecca NEWCOMB(E) were found living at 35 King Henry St., Islington in both the 1851 and 1861 ENGLAND Census. Apparently this couple weren't married until 1858 so it is unknown whether they lived together as a married couple at the time of the 1841 Census. They did have at least two children born to them prior to the 1841 Census - George Frederick NEWCOMB born about 1838 and John NEWCOMB born about 1840. George was born in Islington/Hackney and John in Dalston/Islington/Hagerston according to what appears to have been written in later census years.

Now here is the question...would someone consider looking for Frederick and Rebecca(GREEN)NEWCOMB in the 1841 Census?
Frederick was born about 1814 in Kingsland/Hackney/Shoreditch/Dalston while Rebecca was born about 1819 in Maidstone, Kent.

Thank you!

Mary
Canada
BROOKS, NEWCOMB, HACKETT, GILLINGS, CORNISH, TELFORD, DOUGHTY, OHMAN

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Hackney Census look-up please - NEWCOMB - still searching
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 February 06 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello  :)

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping and noticed this older request.  Wondering if you are still looking for anything on this topic or you have resolved it in the meantime?  If you're still looking, this might be a tough one to find so do you have any further info to add that might assist finding them?

If we don't hear from you in a while, I'll assume the latter and move it to the 'completed' section.

Regards
Biker
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline another Sue

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Hackney Census look-up please - NEWCOMB - still searching
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 23:28 GMT (UK) »
They are also ancestors of mine. They were together at Elizabeth place West Hackney in 1841. I obtained their marriage cert to find their parents. George Newcombe brickmaker and William Green Excavator.