Author Topic: Register Office, Douglas  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Kennington

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Register Office, Douglas
« on: Thursday 17 November 05 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Would just like to say  ;D  What great service.

Sent for a death certificate, received return of post. Fantastic. :-*

Mary
Searching:<br />DASH - Cornwall ;STEPHENS - Anglesey / Holyhead ;KELLY - Whitehaven / Liverpool ;CARRICK - Wigton, Cumberland ;FARISH - Cumberland ;MASON - Ipswich ;FISK - Suffolk ;PRIEST - Suffolk & SW London ;HAWKS - London & Thetford, Norfolk
SMITHERS - London ;RIDGWELL - Norfolk ;ELSTON - London ;APPLEBY- London

Offline martync

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Register Office, Douglas
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 14:24 GMT (UK) »
I'd like to second that I've sent for a few certificates and they have come back usually by return and they are really helpful both when dealing via post and on a visit I made with my wife who was born and lived her early life in Douglas.

Her name was Cecilia Walker, her parents were William (Willy) Walker and Ellen (or Helen) Walker and her grandparents were James Walker & Jame Walker nee Cowan, thought I'd mention that as we know there were Uncles and cousins on the Walker side but we don't know them so any Walkers that may be related we'd love to her from you!
Collier - Leicestershire
Healy - Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Dublin
Clay - Leicestershire, Northamptonshire
Swift - Leicestershire, Derbyshire
Walker - Isle of Man, Glasgow
Akins - Liverpool, Ireland
Bowers - Co. Down, Ireland & Liverpool

Offline Kennington

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Register Office, Douglas
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Sorry,

No WALKERS in my family. the only name I have on Man is KELLY
I thought I'd have to trace them back to Ireland, but have only got as far as Isle of Man in 1805 with Thomas.

Mary :)

Searching:<br />DASH - Cornwall ;STEPHENS - Anglesey / Holyhead ;KELLY - Whitehaven / Liverpool ;CARRICK - Wigton, Cumberland ;FARISH - Cumberland ;MASON - Ipswich ;FISK - Suffolk ;PRIEST - Suffolk & SW London ;HAWKS - London & Thetford, Norfolk
SMITHERS - London ;RIDGWELL - Norfolk ;ELSTON - London ;APPLEBY- London