Author Topic: Frederick Prosser / Colin Williams  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Ptbo62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Frederick Prosser / Colin Williams
« on: Thursday 17 November 05 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on Frederick Prosser (MY GREAT UNCLE) , Musical Director born in Abertillery , Monmouthshire in 1880. Moved to Swansea area in early 1900's

Frederick had 3 daughters.
1. Vera who became a Williams
2. Win who married late in life
3 Bronwyn, who lived with Aunt.

Vera had a son named Colin Williams. Colin was still alive last I heard in Treboeth.

ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Bill in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Prosser / Colin Williams
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 March 06 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bill,

Have you already found your Great Uncle on the 1901 Census for Wales?

I just had a look, & he was still living with his parents & siblings in Abertilly, Monmouth in 1901.

For more up to date info, you'll either have to wait until the 1911 Census becomes available...or try to trace the Colin Williams that you mention. He might have more info concerning your Great Uncle.

I was able to trace some missing cousins last year by using the 192.com site; which is definately worth a try.

Best Wishes, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline rhy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 September 06 21:33 BST (UK) »
Bill

Judging by what you say in your post I believe I am married to your second cousin once removed... (?)

But your family tree has some ommissions in the number of children that Frederick had. Can you explain how you are related please. If we can verify we may be able to provide more information on the family in Wales.

Rhy

Offline Ptbo62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 September 06 05:28 BST (UK) »
Rhy, great to hear from you. I have had a lot of trouble tracking my Prossers.

Frederick Prosser was my great uncle. His sister Mabel Antoinette Prosser was my grandmother. My great grandfather was Walter Prosser.

The information I had on Frederick was given to me by Richard Hoskins in England who is son of Matilda( Prosser ) Hoskins.

I have been searching for Prossers, and have almost given up.

I would love to know more and be able to add to my tree.

Bill