Author Topic: Dunn Family of Pulham  (Read 921 times)

Offline Siamese Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Dunn Family of Pulham
« on: Friday 18 November 05 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone researching the Dunn family of Pulham in the C18th?

I am researching Betty Dade who was a servant to Parson Woodforde (of the diary fame) and was at one time betrothed to the son of a Suffolk farmer but he died of consumption before the marriage could take place. I think the farmer was a Benjamin Dunn of Tannington, whose will which was proved in 1801 revealed no surviving children but that he owned lands in Pulhan St Mary the Virgin. A Henry Dunn of Pulham St Mary the Virgin made a will in 1775 which was proved in 1781. He appears to have been unmarried leaving everything to his father Benjamin Dunn and looks a likely candidate for Betty's intended.

I did get someone to check the St Mary the Virgin registers, but having started with marriages in 1750 they only found Benjamin's second marriage in 1780 to an Elizabeth Selby and then only checked baptisms after that date which wasn't very helpful.

I just wondered, on the off chance, that someone might know something about this family.

regards
Carole
CHILD Glos/London, BONUS London, DIMSDALE London, HODD and TUTT Sussex,  BONNER and PATTEN Essex, BOWLER and HOLLIER Oxfordshire, HUGH Lincolnshire, LEEDOM all.