Author Topic: Ann Morris  (Read 25202 times)

Offline Blenheim27

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Morris
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 22 August 10 02:06 BST (UK) »
I've only done internet research myself, and not physically looked at the Philleigh parish records though I've spoken to someone who has (apparently the early ones are missing) but when I was first looking at the Escott/Arscotts and Philleigh, I found this website quite interesting http://richardswhanau.homestead.com/Philleigh.html

Regards,
Blenheim27

Offline Blenheim27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 22 August 10 02:31 BST (UK) »
Jane,
If you're visiting Rotherham you may be interested in this lady's recollections of the place, she's also descended from Thomas Hampstead, a son of  Joseph & Maria and mentions them in her article (it was actually spotting a posting by her on the internet that I learnt about the Escott/Arscott/Hampstead name change). I think she told me Thomas  put the 'p' in Hampstead, but other branches stayed as Hamstead. And apparently there is a Rotherham churchyard with some Hampsteads in.

http://www.rotherhamunofficial.co.uk/villages/parkgate/parkgaterecollections.html

Offline Trizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 08 October 10 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hello there - I'm the 'lady' of the article - Thomas and Maria Hampstead were my Grt Grandparents - ( there is a mistake I think in the article).iam their eldest Grandchild.  My Grandmother was Mary Ann Hampstead.b. 1889.  She had brothers Thomas, William, George, (was killed aged 16 by loco train - mean to visit his grave soon as there maybe problems re local council) Joseph and also a sister Gladys. I believe Thomas and Maria had a first son also William who died. Wondering if you are the Grandson of Uncle Joe and Aunt Polly?  Or are you descended from William - have yet to track him down believe he lived in Surrey?? Can't give you my personal email here - think I have to send 3 emails even though I have sent more on other Roots Chats.
Regards Patricia
Arscott. Chafer, Hampstead/Hamstead, Raybould,Collins, Wolf, Wolpert, McNalley/McNally Dooley,Perry, Bartlett,  Sherwin, Turner, Powell, James, Kerry.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 08 October 10 19:11 BST (UK) »
Can't give you my personal email here - think I have to send 3 emails even though I have sent more on other Roots Chats.
As long as each party has at least 2/3 posts then they can use PM (personal message) system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Maxine Eleanor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 December 10 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am a great great granddaughter of Ann Morris and Joseph Hampstead.  I too have experienced problems in their research due to the change of name.  I have copies of their death certificates and details of their burials.  I would like to hear from any of you on this thread to exchange information.

Regards
Maxine

Offline jane weston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 22 December 10 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maxine
which of Joseph and Ann's children are you descended from?
are you related to Thomas Hampstead, since you have put a p in the last name?

Jane

Offline Maxine Eleanor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 22 December 10 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,

Thank you for your reply.

I am the Great Granddaughter of Eliza Hampstead who was a sister to Thomas.

On Elizas' birth and death certificates Hampstead has a p in it.  On her daughters birth certificate (my grandmother) the surname is missing the p. On the death certificates of Joseph and Ann it is also spelt without the p, perhaps this was due to the fact that in those days many didn't know how to spell.

Any information I have on the family I am willing to share with you.

Regards
Maxine

Offline cmurray56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 23:39 GMT (UK) »
to Molten Lava

I am in between classes right now, so i will respond more later
I think this means that your grandfather must be Peter or William Hamstead?

I thought my Dad had no family except his mum, do you live in Rotherham
I am in New York State and I am planning to visit Rotherham in the summer,  my brothers and I grew up in Abingdon
i am so excited at finding family but sad because it is too late for my dad
I would love more information and wish there was someway I can contact you more directly

Thanks
jane

Offline cmurray56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane, I hope this gets to you as to you as this post is old. My GGG grandparents are Joseph and Ann Heamstead, their daughter Mary is my GG grandma. I hope i can exchange information with you. Hope to hear from you soon
Best Wishes
Chris