Author Topic: goff (gough  (Read 6559 times)

Offline acky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
goff (gough
« on: Saturday 19 November 05 12:40 GMT (UK) »
We are trying to trace my wifes family tree.The family named Goff or Gough originate from Ketton in the early 1800s,and some moved to Cranfield Beds .any help welcomed

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: goff (gough
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 November 05 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello Acky

I am sure you will find help here at rootschat to locate you wife's ancestors.

What family members are proving tricky?  Are there particular records that you are missing or are you hoping to make contact with fellow researchers?

There is a Susannah on the 1851 census, for example - is she yours?

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 November 05 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I have a lot of info on Ketton which includes BDM's for that period.

Do you have any specific names that could help us look up for you?

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline acky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi paul,It was when we were checking my wifes familythat the name of Gough came into the family tree .My wifes family name is Ping ,can imagine your thoughts??.Seriouslythe family have lived inCranfield Beds for years.The name of Goff was my wifes g/mothers maiden name on her birth certificate no farthers name was shown,but one of the nameswas the name of Offen .She was born in brill bucks but her mother was in service in Northants,so the tale goes,but as the name of Goff comes from Ketton we was wondering if the name of Offen is somewhere your way.We wonder what the family came from ketton to Cranfield for?SSorry if this seems a long story  ACKY

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 November 05 06:51 GMT (UK) »
I will keep my eye out for the name when I look at the fiche next.

I can't say that I have noticed it before, but then unless your actually looking you could easily miss.

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Di Smith

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 14:04 BST (UK) »
I have a Susannah Gough Ne: Susannah Thorn Martin b. 1861 Longtree Devon England , in my partners tree, she was married 1882 Queensland Australia ? to Edward Gough b.1861 Swansea Wales their son George Edwin Gough b.1885 Queensland Australia, was married 1909 to Elizabeth Emy Why b. 1887 Queensland Australia, their Daughter Mavis Doreen Gough b.1915 Queensland, Australia married 1939 to Charles Abood b.1921 Queensland Australia.

Mavis Doreen Abood Ne: Gough is my partners grandmother

Susannah and Edwards family all seem to come from Devon England.

By for now

Di :)

Offline acky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry about this but i have no idea how this came to me .all the family came from cranfielld bedfordshire and to the best of my knowledge  nobody  went to AUS  .ACKY