Author Topic: Place name in Cheshire: Wareham  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Place name in Cheshire: Wareham
« on: Sunday 20 November 05 02:52 GMT (UK) »
It's probably becasue it is very late and I'm sleepy  :)

But I've just found a relative Susan PHYTHIAN age 58 in 1851 living with her husband Richard in Huyton Lancashire.  Her bith place is given as Wareham Cheshire.

I can't find a Wareham in Cheshire.

Is it just doziness on my part?

Ta,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: Place name in Cheshire: Wareham
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 November 05 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pam

It is more than likely to be Weaverham, there does not seem to be a marriage indexed for her in Cheshire, don't suppose you have a maiden name at all ?

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 November 05 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately not.

That's what I'm trying to track down.  I have the gravestone mi in Huyton but nothing more on this lady.  She is variable on whether her name is Susannah or Susan. 

In 1861 her place of birth is Winsford, in 1871 it is Birkenhead.

Quite the elusive beings these wives of Phythians.  That sounds Shakespearean!

Her son Aaron Phythian lived in Oxton married to an Alice who was from Oxton but we can't find her maiden name either!  Though I know the birth cert of one of Aaron and Plice's children would give it to me.

P ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart

Online intermittently!

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 November 05 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Aaron Phythian married Alice H Baines in a Warrington Civil Marriage between 1886 and 1890.

You'll find quite a number of Phythians married in Cheshire on www.cheshirebmd.org.uk On here you can find the marriage, click the reference and download a partially completed form to print and send off for a copy certificate, £7.00. 

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 November 05 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Mary - I do forget about the local bmd sites - I'm used to Scotland where they are all central.

;D

To confuse matters a tad - that Aaron (marrying an Alice) is the son (or grandson my notes are at home, I'm not :-) ) of Aaron and Alice who I'm looking for.

I estimate that my Aaron and Alice married ~ 1843 as they have a daughter age 7 in 1851 called Lydia.

This is my stepdad's line and I've been a bit reluctant to send for children's certificates to get the name but that is teh answer.  For Susannah it's a bit difficult as all her offspring were born pre-1837.

Ta,
Pam
~~~~~~~~~~~

Online intermittently!