Author Topic: One World Tree - Ancestry  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Ann12

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - third from the left
    • View Profile
One World Tree - Ancestry
« on: Tuesday 22 November 05 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have a subscription with Ancestry.co.uk but can't access the One World Tree.  It says I have to pay for it (I thought it was included with the subscription).  I can't find on the site where it says I have to pay.
Any clues??

Thanks
Anna :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />names: <br />Josolyne - Essex & Herts, <br />Wainwright - Hamps & London, <br />Kentish - Rotherhithe, London & Kent, <br />Herbert - Seaford, Sussex - London & Glous
Mumford - Essex, Birchanger
Sims-Miles - London & Hertfordshire
Cooper - Great Witley and London (Holborn)
Greengrass - Kent & London

Offline rbangorreg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: One World Tree - Ancestry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Anna.
        Looking at the Terms and conditions for Ancestry.co.uk ,access to "one world tree"dose not get a mention.
       But under the Terms and conditions of Ancestry.com
 "One world tree is shared".
        I think both services are operated by My Family but have separate identifies.
         It looks as if Ancestry.com is the one you need?
 But I would like other comments from more experienced members.
                         Regards     Reg.
ThaiThyme

Offline alf

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 06:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Anna

You may find what you are after in this link
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/.  This and Ancestry.com are connected. the reason I know, that in the past years when Ancestry was free I uploaded a few of my family tree, and then they have appeared in worldconnect. I now use Worldconnect

regards

Alf

Offline Ann12

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - third from the left
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Many thanks to you both for your replies.

I took the subscription with Ancestry because of the OneWorldTree facility (It seems someone has also been researching the same line as me and I wanted to contact them).  I read the Ancestry terms etc and like you understood that it was a shared facility along with Ancestry World Tree.

I wrote an email to them (and they did reply within 12 hours) asking the same question, their reply was "you need a subscription to OneWorldTree".  However, you can only buy 5 credits at a time at a cost of approx. $4.95.  (There are no pounds or euro payment facilities).

I might be wrong, however I think the site is misleading.  You are able to search the OneWorldTree on the co.uk site but to find out an explanation about the facility you have to search the .com site, in which it states that apart from information post 1930 the database is open to all with a subscription. ???

Anyway, time to write another email to them I think >:(

Well that was my moan for today!

Thanks again to you both.

Anna
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />names: <br />Josolyne - Essex & Herts, <br />Wainwright - Hamps & London, <br />Kentish - Rotherhithe, London & Kent, <br />Herbert - Seaford, Sussex - London & Glous
Mumford - Essex, Birchanger
Sims-Miles - London & Hertfordshire
Cooper - Great Witley and London (Holborn)
Greengrass - Kent & London