Author Topic: Need Digital Photo of 143 Highgate in Kendal  (Read 3163 times)

Offline randers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Working on family history since 2001
    • View Profile
Need Digital Photo of 143 Highgate in Kendal
« on: Wednesday 23 November 05 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Could someone take a digital photo of 143 Highgate in Kendal? I have an ancestor named Robert Heap (1804-1872)  who lived there in 1851 (source is the 1851 census). I can't find a listing online for 143, so I'm not sure if it exists now.

Thanks,
Richard
Andersons of Cumbernauld and Heaps of Kendal

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Need Digital Photo of 143 Highgate in Kendal
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 December 05 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It may be an idea to email Kendal council to check if it still exists
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 March 07 06:01 GMT (UK) »
 re photo of highgate kendal.     highgate in kendal is made up of yards  with numbers ...........  in the yards where houses  again with numbers .   also  the yards had numbers  but also names.  i come from kendal ......... my mum lives in gawith place   which is down yard 73    .     the numbers get bigger   as you move out from the town market place.     i will have a look next time home for you but may be some time.    try kendal libary    or a book of  photo's by margaret  duff  (sure thats the name)  on old kendal    or the olde grey town .  you should be able to get loads of  prints or photo's   , but main thing is it a house number  (poss with business name)  or a yard  number ..........   also kendal has changed so much  it may be gone .    regards   adrian
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 March 07 06:22 GMT (UK) »
have you googled the address  on your explorer   ????      just an after thought . regards  adrian
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline auldgrey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Interested in anything to do with Kendal UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 January 10 01:12 GMT (UK) »
Just in case you are still interested this building no longer exists - it was demolished to make way for a road through to Dowker's Lane which was put through in the 1960's I think when Waterside was built behind Highgate.

The building was shown on the 1919? valuation map of Kendal and looked as if it was one of a pair with 141 Highgate (buildings in yard behind appeared to be mirrored) and had Yard 145 Highgate running beneath it on it's right hand side.

For a photo of 141 Highgate see my website http://www.kendalwiki.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Highgate - look at the photos down the right hand side.

Have a map scan for you but could not work out how to upload it here - the 'attach a photo' link below edit box does not seem to do anything.