Author Topic: Pindar Family  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Wings

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Pindar Family
« on: Saturday 04 September 04 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi
Can anyone please help me looking for Robert wife Ann children George1794,Eilzabeth1796 & Mary 1797 all born Doncaster I think they may have moved to Sutton cum Lound in mid 1800's but not sure any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Wings 99
Roper Gough Buckett Palmer Pink Palmer

Offline Robin Hood

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Pindar Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 September 04 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi
Checked Notts Christening Index and the only 19C birth is Lucy Ann Pindar born 12.9.1854, christened 10.10.1854 at Sutton Cum Lound.Parents Thomas Samuel and Frances Pindar. On the 1861 Census the family are at Belmoor Farm but spelt Pinder
Piece 2413 Folio4
Thomas Pinder, Head, Marr  48yrs Farmer of 403 Acres with 8 Labourers and 1 boy. Fanny wife 49yrs, Sons Thomas Samuel 20yyrs, Anthony James 18yrs, William M 15 Yrs Frederick G 9 Yrs and Lucy above 7 Yrs. Parents and boys are all born in various parts of Lincolnshire.

There are other BMD's of Pindar/Pinder at Sutton CL in 17/18 Century. It seems that the family moved after Fredericks birth. I realize that they are not the names you gave but I was wondering whether the Farm may be the family connection. I have also checked the 1841 census Pindar/Pinder but very few are born outside Notts and none is an obvious fit for your family.
Hubbard, Read, Pinkett, Eastwood, Willetts, Whitehouse, Wilson, Cook(e),Goodman

Offline Wings

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pindar Family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 September 04 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to look for info that would help me it is appreciated.I have a big puzzle finding this this family after 1797 and with Robert's birth.
Many thanks
Wings 99
Roper Gough Buckett Palmer Pink Palmer