Author Topic: McLernon Passenger List Look-up  (Read 5449 times)

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
Re: McLernon Passenger List Look-up
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 November 05 20:06 GMT (UK) »
A good site for online Naturalization Records and for links to other sites with online records is http://naturalizationrecords.com/

For US click on USA then the state you want. If you then choose ONLINE RECORDS (for that state) you get a nice list of any online records to look through.

There's also a list of addresses and film numbers for ordering records if you click on OFFLINE RECORDS (for that state)
Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 November 05 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Eillo and Annie:

I have the 1910 Census Showing William J McLernon my great grand father's older brother. I need some help in interpreting column 30 'Whether a Survivor of Union or Confederate Army or Navy'.

For WJ there is a number six(6) in this column and for the rest(wife and children) there are the following numbers two(2), zero(0) and eight(8).

Can you tell me what this means?

In the case of column 30  unless you see the abbreviations UA, UN, CA, or CN, then you can ignore the numbers listed there, they don't have any meaning that we know about today. There were internal tallies that took place and notations that were made in the home office, and these were put into these columns for uknown reasons, but sadly have nothing to do with the question asked!
Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline McLernon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Eillo and Annie:

Can you tell me how to interpret numerical records of Column #30 in the 1910 U.S. Federal Census? It refers to Civil War service. For example for William J McLernon there is a six(6) in column #30.

Thanks

McLernon
McLernon

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Read my answer above this one. You *can't* interpret those numbers, they don't mean anything.