Author Topic: Guyan, Allan, Morrice - Footdee, Aberdeen  (Read 7556 times)

Offline ED2005

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Guyan, Allan, Morrice - Footdee, Aberdeen
« on: Monday 28 November 05 11:14 GMT (UK) »
I know there are probably very many of you out there researching these names! I have an Isabella Guyan, born about 1847 who married my g-g-grandfather George Milne, d'd 1923. He was a Merchant Seaman and was married a second time to Mary Ann Twigg who had been married twice before. (Once to Andrew Yule, then to John Madgewick). How can I find out more about his Merchant Seaman days, which ship he was on etc.?? Isabella Guyan's parents were James Guyan b about 1825, d Aug 27 1879 in Aberdeen. He was married to Jane or Jean Allan. James Guyans parents were Alexander Guyan who married Margaret Morrice – I found an Alex'r Gayon who married Margaret Morrice on 20 Feb 1819 at St Nicholas, Aberdeen.

Isabella's siblings were Jane b 1852, James b 1858 and Andrew b 1860.

I am basically trying to place this family into the wider Footdee or St Clements parish community, as I know there were very many families of the same name, living in Footdee at that time. Naturally, of the ones I know about, most worked in the fishing industry or as merchant seamen.
Edwards, Grieve, Talbert in Angus and Kincardineshire; Allan, Dundas, Hacket, Milne, Reid in Aberdeen and Orkney; Brock in Thurso and Aberdeen; Rennie in Aberdeenshire to name but a few...

Offline JackieQT

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guyan, Allan, Morrice - Footdee, Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 23 10:13 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather was Andrew Guyan. My father James Guyan. I was born in Kilmarnock  My Grandmother was Sarah Guyan. I know there were family links in Falkirk   I’d love to hear from you