Author Topic: WATLING FAMILY ROMFORD  (Read 1955 times)

Offline ninkynoo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Black Tar Rivers by HRH Mole in the hole
    • View Profile
WATLING FAMILY ROMFORD
« on: Wednesday 30 November 05 13:23 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out any info on the Watling Family from Romford Essex.My Gt Grandmother was Annie Watling she was born in 1864 to a Richard Watling and Ellen?.I have found her on the Census and am sure it was her as she was born with only one arm and it confirms that on the census.Family rumour was that she had a sister with only one leg and this too is confirmed.BUT where did they all come from and where did they go .I would love to find out more about them but all my grandparents died when I was 6 so it is quite difficult.What I do know is that Annie married a William Buggs lived in Romford for many years then moved to Thorpe - le - soken in Essex in the1930's.Luckily I have photo's of her so if anyone is connected I am happy to share info on them.MANY THANKS
Pratt ,Burgess,Gladwell  ,Taylor, Forrester ,Layzell ,Watling ,Merryfield Raven Essex
Field ,Warren.Davis, Spickett ,Peppiatt ,Bucks
White born Dorset moved to Hampshire,Shropshire and finally to Essex
Katherine Murphy b1872 
Buggs ,Day ,Stygal,Balls ,Suffolk ,Norfolk ,Hertfordshire
Venables ,Hertfordshire

Offline L23

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: WATLING FAMILY ROMFORD
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 November 05 13:36 GMT (UK) »
1861 Census Richard Watling (b. 1841) , Waterloo Road, Romford
all b. Romford

Richard Watling 43 Sawyer
Eliza Watling 47
Richard Watling 20 Sawyer
George Watling 17 Sawyer
Jonathan Watling 14 Sawyer
Moses Watling 12
Caroline Watling 9
Helen Watling 7
Mary Watling 4

RG9/1068
ED 2 Fol 53 Pg 75

They lived same address in 1851 except the younger girls as yet unborn.
Thomas watling 4.  They had a daughter Eliza aged 13 in 1851, not on 1861 census.

Offline L23

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 November 05 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Richard Watling married Eliza Cable in Rochford in 1837

Dist Rochford, Co Essex, Vol 12, Pg 387

Offline ninkynoo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Black Tar Rivers by HRH Mole in the hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 November 05 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help ,much appreciated. I think that Richard jnr is Annies father as I have the 1881 census results that says Annies father was Richard Watling  born 1841 .BINGO
Just read your latest posting,ELIZA CABLE ,thanks ever so much I had a possible couple of names in mind for her but wasn't sure .She was one of the names and now you have confirmed it for me .DEEP JOY another one on the tree...
Now to find out just who Richard jnr married ,all I know is she was an Ellen born 1845/6 from Coggeshall.
You have made my day Thank You.Ninky
Pratt ,Burgess,Gladwell  ,Taylor, Forrester ,Layzell ,Watling ,Merryfield Raven Essex
Field ,Warren.Davis, Spickett ,Peppiatt ,Bucks
White born Dorset moved to Hampshire,Shropshire and finally to Essex
Katherine Murphy b1872 
Buggs ,Day ,Stygal,Balls ,Suffolk ,Norfolk ,Hertfordshire
Venables ,Hertfordshire

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 November 18 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Sent you a PM Ninkynoo Best wishes Diana
Speller (Thaxted, Prittlewell, West Ham), Thompson (East Peckham, Romford), Wright (Gt Marlow, Romford, Dagenham, Queensland Australia), Cutler (Herts), Channer (High Wycombe), Baker (Romford, Ilford, Stratford)

Offline Paganalice

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Just joined and was browsing through messages and came apon your Watlings, Richard Merryfield Watling and Ellen Maria Raven were my Great Grandparents, Their Son John William Watling was My Paternal Grandfather,  Happy to share my info with you if you would like to make Contact, 

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paganalice

How lovely to hear from you.  I have all the ones you mention on my tree and more.  John William Watling I have but no wife or Watling brother to your Richard Merryfield Watling.children so you're not on my tree.  I am connected via John Watling brother to your Richard Merryfield Watling.  I have all the connections to my family plus others and I have a mystery query which I'm hoping you might know something about.  My dad was born in Romford and I live here in Romford.  So the whole family is close to my heart.   Please let me know if therze is anything you'd like to know or give me the details from your grandf\ather down so I can add you to my tree.  I am in contact with 3 people who match DNA on Ancestry with me  but two of them have no idea how.

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Diana
Speller (Thaxted, Prittlewell, West Ham), Thompson (East Peckham, Romford), Wright (Gt Marlow, Romford, Dagenham, Queensland Australia), Cutler (Herts), Channer (High Wycombe), Baker (Romford, Ilford, Stratford)

Offline Paganalice

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 January 24 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diane,
Not sure what you have or want , Are you on Ancestry i have a tree on there if you are that you can check out, I also have Certificates of Birth and Death of My Grandfather John William and also his eldest Son William John .. I have never met another Watling even tho i was born in Romford .My Dad never mentioned them,  I have Newspaper cuttings about The more Notorious Watlings .. including the story of my Grandfathers Death, I dont know if you already have them but happy to share them with you

. Look forward to hearing from you .

Offline Paganalice

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 12 January 24 16:46 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out any info on the Watling Family from Romford Essex.My Gt Grandmother was Annie Watling she was born in 1864 to a Richard Watling and Ellen?.I have found her on the Census and am sure it was her as she was born with only one arm and it confirms that on the census.Family rumour was that she had a sister with only one leg and this too is confirmed.BUT where did they all come from and where did they go .I would love to find out more about them but all my grandparents died when I was 6 so it is quite difficult.What I do know is that Annie married a William Buggs lived in Romford for many years then moved to Thorpe - le - soken in Essex in the1930's.Luckily I have photo's of her so if anyone is connected I am happy to share info on them.MANY THANKS