Author Topic: John LOCKHART  (Read 3660 times)

Offline REVSSS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John LOCKHART
« on: Friday 02 December 05 02:40 GMT (UK) »
HELP Trying to find info on John Lockhart born abt.1823 cty.tyrone.he had siblings as well but no names came to canada at earlie age any ideas

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: HELP IN CTY. TYRONE
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 January 08 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello  REVSSS

What denomination was John Lockhart?

You'll probably have to look at church records as the first Civil registrations in Ireland were non Catholic marriages introduced in 1845. Civil registration for all other marriages as well as births and deaths was not introduced in Ireland until 1864.

Christopher

Offline DGI35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John LOCKHART
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 February 09 00:51 GMT (UK) »
There are 5 John Lockharts listed in Tyrone, N. Irland in Griffith's valuation.

3 are in Errigal Keerogue, 2 in  Clonfeacle.
I have 1 John Lockhart in Ontario, Canada  with at least one son Alexander born in Hagerman Twp in Muskoka and Parry Sound district.   I am not sure in which country John Lockhart  married to Sarah Wood was born.

Alexander married Mary Jane Givens also of Hagerman Township.   Mary Jane (Jennie) is the daughter of  George Givens.  George was born in Millix to John Givens.  There are both a John and a James Lockhart living in Millix at the time of the Griffith's valuation.  This suggests  the possibility the two families may have been neighbours in Ireland.  George Givens later relocated to the south shore of Lake Simcoe, near Barrie Ontario.

Offline daveb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 October 09 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking at the Sanderson family who emigrated from Cumbria to Ontario in late 1800's and found this which may interest you.

Toronto marriages

18/3/1926 Harold Arthur Sanderson machinist age 19 of 25 Sproat St. Detroit m. Sarah Arvilla Lockhart bookkeeper age 21 of Barrie Ontario d. of Alexander Lockhart and Mary Jane Givens, witnesses Perry and Louisa Givens of 418 Kingswood Road, I haven't yet managed to find their children, if any .

Also on Genealogy.com someone has posted details of the Givens Family of Millix and Canada should this interest you.
Rous, Rouse, Rowse, le Rous....
Warwickshire,Worcestershire,Gloucestershire,Oxfordshire
Sanderson....
Cumberland,Ontario

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 October 09 16:59 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately REVSSS hasn't been online since 2007 and DG135 since March 2009.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline DGI35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 October 09 21:10 BST (UK) »
Dave
Thank you for your post.   Madeline was the only child I had in Alexander Lockhart's family.   Now she has an older sister in  Sarah Arvilla Lockhart, thanks to you.

It is unfortunate that  I am unable to access  the data you refer to at Genealogy.com.   If the file goes to Millix, then  my own data is incorporated there...   But I wonder what is there that may have been added since I discovered the Millix  data.   OR   did someone else discover the Millix data indepenant of my own research.   That would truly be an interesting file to read.
I still wonder if these Lockharts and Givens' were neighbours in  C. Tyrone.   

Offline daveb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 October 09 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Genealogy.com seems a free site as far I can see, I certainly have no subscription, I just search for the site and go to surnames and search the appropriate name

Regards

Dave
Rous, Rouse, Rowse, le Rous....
Warwickshire,Worcestershire,Gloucestershire,Oxfordshire
Sanderson....
Cumberland,Ontario