Author Topic: William Baldwin b Cork 1835  (Read 1575 times)

Offline shoppingqueen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William Baldwin b Cork 1835
« on: Saturday 03 December 05 16:41 GMT (UK) »
I am still researching my Baldwin’s from Cork and I am now trying to trace Henry Baldwin’s son descendants William who I think was my Gt Grandmothers brother.
William was born in Cork in 1836 and emigrated first to New Zealand and then to Australia. He was a captain in the Army and first joined the army in the 19th foot regiment. When the Indian Mutiny broke out he moved to the 85th Regiment. He married a Janet Buchanan. In 1873 he branched out into publishing and established the Otego Guardian, which he controlled until 1875. He died on 30th July 1917 in Perth Australia and we know he had a son called Godfrey Buchanan and a daughter called Fanny Emma who married Hon. Edmund William in 1883. Does any one know of any descendants please let me know.
The Baldwin family from Cork. (Listed in Burkes)
Cork :- Gould between 1871-1876.
From Ilfracombe and Barnstaple:Gould, Pile and Salmon
From Bristol: Gould, Fletcher, Stones, Sparrow
From Liverpool: Searle, Birch
From Staverton: Searle and Harvey

Offline lormar

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Baldwin b Cork 1835
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 03:09 BST (UK) »
My great grandparent was Elizabeth Baldwin.(father Henry Baldwin of Mt.Pleasant)  She was born abt 1700  Married Philip Hawes Cross  Her daughter was Elizabeth H/C married to William of Dereen (CROOKE) abt 1750  CORK.  Any help???    Lormar                                                                                                 

Offline lormar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 03:37 BST (UK) »
Just read your gedcom file.  A great many of my gt gparents are on it.  Does CROOKE, LINDSAY, RADLEY,LEADER, ARMSTRONG BESNARD  HAWES CROSS mean anything to you?  Lormar

Offline shoppingqueen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 06:22 BST (UK) »
Sorry-  none of these names are on my gedcom file- where did you access it from.
!!!!!!!
The Baldwin family from Cork. (Listed in Burkes)
Cork :- Gould between 1871-1876.
From Ilfracombe and Barnstaple:Gould, Pile and Salmon
From Bristol: Gould, Fletcher, Stones, Sparrow
From Liverpool: Searle, Birch
From Staverton: Searle and Harvey

Offline lormar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 08:25 BST (UK) »
I accessed your gedcom file from your entry Rootschat. dated 23/7/05.  Perhaps we have different Baldwins.,but the Baldwins of Mt Pleasant are my gt grandparents.  The names Crooke, Radley, Lindsay, etc are cousins of Baldwins.  Philip Hawes Cross appears on your gedcom file married to Elizabeth Baldwin.  Also Alice Warren and Elizabeth Warren are relatives. Elizabeth is another ggmr. she married Thomas Crooke .  Their son William of Dereen (CROOKE) married Eliz.Hawes Cross dtr Philip Hawes Cross. Their descendents are Crookes, Lindsays, Radleys, Ronaynes, Leaders.   I really dont know what to make of it, but that is how it is for me.  Regards  Lormar