Author Topic: Generations UK Family Tree Software  (Read 1693 times)

Offline CHRISB

• I have turned off all notifications of new replies to my posts.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Woodbridge Burrows
    • View Profile
Generations UK Family Tree Software
« on: Sunday 04 December 05 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Please help!!I was given the Generations UK Family Tree Software as a gift a while ago and now I have a reasonable amount of family history ,I loaded it up last weekend .
Now when you click on the Icon,you get the programme up.It has various icons,Generation Internet Centre or Genealogy Database amongst them..when you click on them and I try to go to ,say Cyndi's List,I am taken to the Hallmark Card and gift website...there is no way to get off of it..no family tree related links..nothing!
Any ideas please???I'm tearing what hair I have out
Thanks
CHRISB

indiapaleale

Re: Generations UK Family Tree Software
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 December 05 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,
It is my understanding that the company that makes Generations went out of business and there is no longer any support or active links.
You can read about some of the problems with Generations at this Genealogy.com link.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/generations/

I believe you can save your files in gedcom and upload to a new program; something you might want to consider. There are several free programs available including the one at LDS familysearch.

Hope this helps
India

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Generations UK Family Tree Software
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 December 05 13:41 GMT (UK) »
I've been using the Generations Software without any glitches at all.  I am actually very pleased with it.

It seems strange that you have been having problems.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand