Author Topic: Isaac Presho or Prussia  (Read 1365 times)

Offline BILL H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Isaac Presho or Prussia
« on: Sunday 04 December 05 18:49 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the parents of my g.g.grandfather Isaac Presho or Prussia b circa 1804 in Ireland.  He married Catherine Mullen ( b circa 1814 in Ireland) on 26/05/1828,Wigan,Lancs.and Died 19/12/1848 Ince in Makerfield,Wigan, Lancs.
I would also lijke to know from where in Ireland the family originated  both the Preshos  and the Mullens.
Many thanks,
BILL H

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Presho or Prussia
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 December 05 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bill,

I am not too hot at picking things up cold around 1800. I tend to advise people to start with Griffiths Valuation of Ireland (1848-64) and see if the surname existed in Ireland at that point. In the case of the name Presho the name appeared in Clones, Co. Monaghan in the Province in 1858 to 1860 wben the Valuation was conducted in that area.  The name Mullen also appeared in Co. Monaghan. 

The next thing for you to do is post a message saying what faith was followed by Isaac Presho and also a list of Christian names that may be common the generations from his time to the present date.

Looking at the information in http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php it is hard to say if these Preshos are all one family or two families. Three at Bullogbrean and three in Fermanagh Street, Clones.

The Phone Book for Northern Ireland 2003 lists 19 people by the name Presho

Best Wishes, Christopher

Offline BILL H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Presho or Prussia
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 December 05 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher ,
Thanks for your reply. I will follow your advice.
Best wishes to you ,
BILL H