Author Topic: philip davidson family  (Read 2633 times)

Offline batman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
philip davidson family
« on: Monday 05 December 05 02:42 GMT (UK) »
Looking for decendants of Philip davidson schoolmaster in Castle Carrock from 1850 to 1900.
 He and his wife Margaret Atkinson had a family of nine, six boys and three girls.
 1901 census shows son John 47 wife Jane 46 George 21 Elizabeth 17 jane 8, other children Margaret born 1877 and Mary Ellenar born1878. In Anick Grange.
 1901 census shows Isaac Davidson 34 wife Lucyann 30 Theresa 4 Margaret 2 in Stanwix.
 1901 census shows son philip 54 liverpool Lanchashire.
 1901 census shows Philip Davidson 79 with daughter Margaret in Dalton In furness.
 Isaacs wife Lucyann thought to be the daughter of Robert O Gorman long time rector of the church of england in Castle Carrock.
        batman

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
Re: philip davidson family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I had researched this family thinking they were the parents to my Isaac Davidson.  Only the end of last year did I discover his parents were not Philip and Margaret.  Some information I can recall from memory, other was deleted from my file, but may still be available.

Their oldest son, George, was named after Philip's father.  Philip's mother was Dorothy Thirlwall; she lived with the family in 1851.  George was not very old when he died, but left a wife and two sons.  She later remarried and appeared in a Cheshire census with her husband Robert and her two sons. 

I've found the family in the 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, and 1901 census records.  In 1891, Philip and Margaret still lived in Castle Carrock with their daughter, Margaret, and son, Isaac, an assistant schoolteacher.  Margaret was 37 when she married; she moved to Dalton.  Her father lived with she and her husband.  Margaret, the mother, died in Oct 1900 in Irleth according to the family tombstone in Castle Carrock.   

As far as I know, Isaac did marry Lucy O'Gorman.  Another researcher has been looking for information on that family. 

Send me your email and I'll send you some of the pictures I took in May last year while I was in Castle Carrock.   RedFox
CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz